"I love you to the ends of the earth... Aryia"

"I love you to the ends of the earth... Aryia"

A Story by Nekoanamae
"

Aryia and Leighton have a sad but Romantic moment. 💙

"

"Aryia lifts her head up to the ceiling allowing Leighton to rest his head on her shoulder. She feels his hot breath against her shoulder, she leans into the sensation. Leighton places quick kisses on her neck “Leighton… Not now..” Aryia whispers into the steamy night air. She feels his smile against her neck. He buries his head in her shoulder, feeling a wave of embarrassment wash over him “Aryia~” She hears his voice curl as he says her name. He wraps his arms around her, making her one with him. Leighton moves his lips up to her ear and whispers seductively “I want you…” Leighton pulls her back, now seeing her face “Leighton…” Aryia groans in a low voice at him. She watches his face turn into a pout, making her sigh. 



She caresses his cheek and watches him lean into her touch, she smiles ‘Cute..” Leighton watches her carefully, calculating her every move “If Ewan saw us he'd teleport me to the mortal realm..” Leighton laughs, giving Aryia a delicate smile. She continues to stroke his face and gives him a sad expression “You always say that...:” Leighton stares down at her, taking notice of her sadness. He places his thumb on her cheek and rubs it against her skin, Aryia looks up at him and sees his face. It's as if she were looking in a mirror. They stare into each other's eyes, enjoying each other's presence. His Golden-green eyes staring lovingly into her aquatic blue eyes. 


She sees his face coming closer to hers. She parts her lips, awaiting contact. His lips connect with hers, sending an electrical feeling through her blood. She moves her hands up to his soft snowy hair. Her fingers slide through his snowy locks, messing them up. He lifts his head up and looks at her. He impulsively moves his hand up to her golden locks and plays with one of her curls. He brings the curl up to his lips and kisses it, lifting his head and locking eyes with her he whispers to her with only the moonlight as a witness “I love you to the ends of Earth… Aryia”.

© 2021 Nekoanamae


Author's Note

Nekoanamae
https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/642888915536653170/ -- Picture used as the stories cover

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very cute loving poem, I liked it. It had a good flow and it had enough detail to devour.

Posted 2 Years Ago


• "Aryia lifts her head up to the ceiling allowing Leighton to rest his head on her shoulder.

Holy crap… She lifted her head all the way to the ceiling? It’s either a very low ceiling, or the girl has a removable head. And she had to do that to give Leighton room to put his head on her shoulder? The dude has a BIG head.

It’s not what you meant, of course, but it is precisely what you said. And given that you provide the reader with no context, and they must make do with what the words suggest to them, that is the meaning they must take.

You can’t say, “You know what I mean,” because the reader doesn’t. You can’t expect them to understand later, because unless the reader has context as-they-read, they stop reading, and there will be no “later.” In any case, there can be no second, first-impression.

• She feels his hot breath against her shoulder.

So...someone we know nothing about, so far as age, education, situation, or history, feels the breath of someone unknown male on her shoulder. Who is he? Why is he breathing on her? Where are we? What’s going on, and why? The reader has not a clue because you supply no context.

Why do I hit this so hard? Because the things I mention are the reasons any agent, editor, or potential reader in a book story would reject this for. And if they stop reading in the first paragraph…

Here’s the deal: You’re trying to make the writing more immediate for the reader by using present tense. But what percentage of the published books you’ve read are in present tense? Damn few, because it doesn’t work and doesn't sell. And, it changes nothing. The one talking to the reader isn’t in the story or on the scene. So no matter the tense they use, nothing changes. Here, you're using it like dusting with glitter, hoping to make it more attractive to the reader.

Were this line to have read, “She felt his hot breath against her shoulder,” The same person felt the same breath. Present it in future tense: “She will feel his hot breath against her shoulder,” and the same woman has the same experience. Change person to first, or even second person: “I feel his hot breath against my shoulder,” Or “I felt his hot breath against my shoulder,” And the same female still had the same experience, being talked about by an external observer, in a dispassionate voice. The problem isn't the tense or person, it's that this is a report, not a story, because it's written with the techniques of nonfiction.

The thing you miss is that as an external narrator, talking about events that are not happening as we read, but being reported, person and tense are an arbitrary and irrelevant authorial preference.

Bottom line: Like the vast majority of hopeful writers you practiced your school-day writing skills by turning in endless reports and essays, all nonfiction, and all focused on imparting information. But the goal of fiction? As E. L. Doctorow put it: “Good writing is supposed to evoke sensation in the reader. Not the fact that it’s raining, but the feeling of being rained upon.” And not one of your teachers, over the time you spent in school explained, and trained you in how to do that because the techniques are part of the professional knowledge of the Fiction-Writing pro, and they were readying you for employment by giving a set of general skills that employers find useful, like nonfiction writing skills.

So, if your goal is to write fiction that a reader will find compelling, you need to pick up those skills. They offer degree programs in Commercial Fiction-Writing, and you have to figure that at least some of what’s taught is necessary.

So head for the library’s fiction-writing section and devour a few good books on the basics, because we leave our public education years no more ready to write readable fiction than to successfully perform an appendectomy.

You might want to hit an archive site for Dwight Swain’s, Techniques of the selling Writer. It’s the best book I’ve found on the basics, and is available for reading or downloading, free. The address of one is just below. Copy/paste the address into the URL window of any Internet page and hit Return to get there.

https://archive.org/details/TechniquesOfTheSellingWriterCUsersvenkatmGoogleDrive4FilmMakingBsc_ChennaiFilmSchoolPractice_Others

I know this isn’t what you were hoping to see, but since we leave school not knowing that we are missing the necessary skills, and can’t fix the problem we don’t see as being one, I thought you should, and might want to, know.

Jay Greenstein
https://jaygreenstein.wordpress.com/category/the-craft-of-writing/the-grumpy-old-writing-coach/

Posted 2 Years Ago


JayG

2 Years Ago

• The story is continuing on from one of my other stories and it`s from the past of the characters.. read more
Nekoanamae

2 Years Ago

I normally write for fun... I don`t care if people read it or not. I put it up on this website becau.. read more
JayG

2 Years Ago

• I don`t care if people read it or not.

Naaa. If you didn't care if anyone reads i.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

56 Views
2 Reviews
Added on September 6, 2021
Last Updated on September 6, 2021
Tags: #Romance, #Touching, #Original, #Shortstory, #AryiaandLeightonmoment

Author

Nekoanamae
Nekoanamae

Australia



Writing
1889 1889

A Story by Nekoanamae