Hidden Love

Hidden Love

A Story by Nella
"

What would happen if the person you were looking for found you instead and you just didn't know? A heart-broken girl founds out on her 16th birthday.

"

I though a walk in the park would calm my restless mind. Obviously it didn't, at least Sparky is had fun. I decided that depressing myself wouldn't make things better and that I should go home. I tugged on sparky's leash but he didn't want to go. For a poodle he had a lot of strenght, he managed to escape from my hands and began to run like a  maniac.  I started to chase after him but he was too fast for me, he was getting closer to the lake. I started to run as fast as I could, when he reached the lake I grabbed him but he stopped, I stopped too but accidently slam into this guy, suddenly I felt I was falling in the lake, a hand extended for me to grab but gravity was too strong for both of us. The cold water splashed me. Mom wouldn't be too happy about it.

"Great." I said sarcastically.

"I'll say..."  said the guy who was in the water next to me.

I realized it was the same guy I slammed into and the same one who gave me his hand. He stood up and he helped me up too. I took his hand, it was big, broad and held mine with a firm grip. I finally got a good look at him. He was very tall easily 6'2, He had straigh black hair and hazel eyes. He was very hot indeed. He also looked a lot...like him.

"Are you alright? you looked like you've seen a ghost." he asked.

"Yup, I'm alright!" I said too cheerfully for my taste.

He grinned. That grin made me feel like the "100 butterflies  in your belly" feeling.  I noticed he was soaking wet. He fell in the lake trying to rescue me.

"I'm extremely sorry!" I told him.

"For?" He asked me.

"Well, you fell in the lake trying to prevent me from falling."

"Don't worry about it, your dog seems safe too." 

He pointed a finger where Sparky was sitting close to the shore of the lake. He was waiting for me, hopefully he won't run much more.

"I'm still sorry. is there any way I can make it up to you?"

"Yes there is. You could go on a date with me today."

"Huh?"

 was all I could manage to say, I mean I know I'm pretty but not an exotic beauty.  I have long straigh brown hair, and bright blue eyes. I'm also very short around 5'2 or 5'1. Besides we just met today and..well. I sighted.

"Sorry I can't today is my birthday." I told him which wasn't entirely a lie since it was my birthday.

"It's also valentine's day, so it's a tie. Come on, I saved your life, didn't I?" He said with  a wink.

"Fine." I gave in. What did I just do?!

"So what's your name?" he asked me.

 "Alice." I replied.

He smile, trying hard not to laugh. It kind of annoyed me. So I asked

"What's your name?"

"That's for me to know and for you to find out."

This annoyed me a lot.

"Sorry. Since your a stranger I can't go out with you."

He gently took my hand with his hand and looked at me seriously.

"Come on, I'll tell after our date, okay?"

There was such a pleading look in his eyes, that draw me in. Even if I wanted to say no I was unable to do so.

"Okay."

"Okay?" He asked, almost daring to hope.

"Yup."

He seemed so happy it looked like he wanted to hug me tightly but thought better of it. I was still very confused by his enthusaism.

"I'll pick you up at your house. What's your adress?" He asked me.

"I don't have a piece of paper or a pen." I replied

"Don't worry, I have good memory so just tell me."

This struck me by odd but I told him my adress. His face was showing amusent, this time I didn't feel like asking why.

"I'll pick up at 7:00 p.m. okay?" He told me.

"Got it."

"See ya tonight." He said

I just waved goodbye and grab Sparky with my arms. I put him down and got a firm grip on his leash and we began to walk to my house. I barely made it throught the door when my parents and my sister screamed happy birthday.

"Aw, Thanks. You guys remebered." I tried to smile geniunely at them trying to distract from the obvious pain.

"Of course, we did. Even you have to be aknowledge sometimes." Gwen said.

"Wow I'm touched."

Gwen just rolled her eyes but smiled and that made smile too.

"Honey! You're soaking wet!" My mom exclaimed.

"Yeah I sort of fell in the lake this morning. Please don't ask any questions."

My mom was about to refuse when the phone rang, when she came out of the kitchen there was a extremely pleased look on her face. We ate cake and opened the present that my parents and sister gave me. I went to my room and then went to the bathroom. I took a long bath and decide I should look decent for my date. I let my hair hang loose and applied a bit of makeup. Since it was a bit chilly I put a blazer over my tanktop and put jeans. I'm not big in shoe fashion so I wore my favorite Converses. I opened my jewlry box when I noticed the charm bracelet. Just the sight of it made me want to cry. I grabbed the delicate bracelet and started to remeber.

 

Will continue...

© 2009 Nella


Author's Note

Nella
my first story here.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Not bad for a first. Better than I ever did. I like the way this is going, a few mistakes here and there but easily forgivable. Great write =] I'll read the next one now.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
1 Review
Added on March 17, 2009
Last Updated on April 14, 2009

Author

Nella
Nella

Seal Beach, CA



About
I like writing a lot. and since I doubt I'll get publish soon I'll leave stories here! I love reading writing, watching tv and I'm addictid to Habbo and Answers Yahoo. more..

Writing