Alter Ego

Alter Ego

A Poem by Nelyn Salvaleon

Before, when I was still as young as you, I frequently saw a girl whose face was blurred as if I was in a dim corner watching the main character in the movie. That girl was very familiar to me.

She was like the girl in almost all of the movies in the Philippines. Seeing her like a dying star was the saddest scene I had seen. I thought she would stop breathing, but she did the right thing.

Nobody knew the pain she was keeping, since no one noticed she was tired of everything. She wanted to scream, yet her mouth never said anything.

For all the pain, she blamed no one. No one knew she was living in vain. She cried and cried and cried, for no one was there to listen.

Finally she found the way. She found the way to be happy. That's when she started expressing herself through writing which became her favorite thing. She learned to appreciate everything, thanks to the Supreme Being.

Last night, I saw her again while I was asleep. But she's no longer the girl I knew before, 'cause she's now a fine woman. All along, she's been following me wherever I go, because she's my alter ego.

© 2021 Nelyn Salvaleon


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Powerful writing. Each lines are clear and sharp.

Posted 8 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nelyn Salvaleon

8 Months Ago

Thank you so much, Arundass🤗☺️
I enjoyed the poem and felt inspired by the message; the ending summed it up marvelously.
Thank you for sharing.

Posted 9 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nelyn Salvaleon

9 Months Ago

Thank you for your kind words, Sami🤗
Sami Khalil

9 Months Ago

You are welcome 😊
Seems Emma found AND noticed you. I could do no less. You define so many generations both NOW and before you - admirably and with a personal vision that is timely and real. You take care!

Posted 9 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nelyn Salvaleon

9 Months Ago

Thank you, Chris ☺️ so lucky to be noticed by Emma AND you! Thank you!
A gentle, sometimes sad search for becoming visible to others, but even more so, to yourself. Your words are set fluently, carrying this reader in and out of your world. to a very fine finish. Many thanks for sharing.


Posted 9 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nelyn Salvaleon

9 Months Ago

Thank you so much, emmajoygreen💕

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on April 22, 2021
Last Updated on April 22, 2021

Author

Nelyn Salvaleon
Nelyn Salvaleon

Tagbina, Surigao del Sur, Caraga, Philippines



About
My name is Nelyn Dumas Salvaleon. I'm a Filipino because I live in my beloved country, the Philippines. Taylor Swift is one of my inspirations when it comes to writing since she is my favorite singer-.. more..

Writing