Sick

Sick

A Story by NemoNelson

The therapist’s office smells like stale coffee and looks like he designed it after a 60’s movie. God, I wish it was the 60’s. Freedom, drugs, rock and roll. Everyone was okay. There was no Borderline Personality Disorder. There were no scars to hide. Unfortunately, it’s not the 60’s. It is the god damned 21st century, and here I am, sitting on this ancient sofa, staring at the clock. Tick. I don’t want to be here. Tick. This is my fourth appointment and I still haven’t said a word to this guy. Tick. I don’t want help. Tick. But my mom says I need it. Says I’m sick. Sick. The doctors tell me they don’t have medicine to fix me. Sick. They expect a therapist to help. I don’t want help. Sick. I just want someone to care about me. Someone who isn’t obliged by family to care. Or someone who is being paid ridiculous amounts of money to care. Tick. I want someone to look me in the eye and tell me I’ll be okay. Tick. That would be enough help. DONG. It’s 4 o’clock.DONG. Time to go. DONG. He stares at me a second longer, DONG. then uncrossed his legs, shut his notebook and got up to open the door. You’ll talk to me one day. Don’t count on it, doc. Next week, I’ll be here again, hearing nothing but my awful thoughts and the Tick of tht god damn clock.

© 2011 NemoNelson


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love the real frustration that this person is feeling. Totally justified and with a great character to play. I don't know about that BPD being the first choice for why they were in that office, but I still loved the background never the less; filled with false hope, and wide aware eyes. This character is very developed and though the setting is missing a little, the thoughts that run through their head fills in all the blanks anyways. Great work!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 27, 2011
Last Updated on July 27, 2011

Author

NemoNelson
NemoNelson

NV



About
There really isn't much to say about me. I never really know what to put in these things. I'm 16. I write a lot, but most of it never makes cut. I'm very picky about my own writing, but I'll never sto.. more..

Writing
afterlife afterlife

A Story by NemoNelson


For Real For Real

A Poem by NemoNelson


Panic Panic

A Poem by NemoNelson