Kykark Peak

Kykark Peak

A Story by Jacquerie
"

A man descends into a basement after finding a body, unaware of the things that lie in wait there... Minor blood and language warning

"

Kykark Peak


As I walked into the room, the first thing I saw was the body. I had just rented this cabin, and the first thing they told me was not to go in the basement, as it was "dangerous." A few hours after arriving at the house, I heard a thump, along with a scratching and slurping. I decided to investigate it, which I knew now was a mistake. The body was female, face-down, with a hole that was perfectly circular and went straight through her chest, with no organs falling out. Blood was pouring out, indicating that she had died recently. I approached it, hesitated, and flipped it over. The face was completely ripped off, with another hole going halfway through the forehead, blood pooling at the bottom. I doubted a human could have done this. 

As I looked to my left, I saw a door, and to the right of that a staircase going down. I walked toward the door, and put my hand on the doorknob. Right at that moment the door started shaking violently, almost off its hinges. It stopped, and an ear piercing shriek came from behind it. Terrified, I sprinted down the stairs. I should have gone back, I should have left that place and never come back and avoided this hell that my life is now, but I didn't. I went farther into that place, and I saw what no one should ever have to.


When I reached the bottom of the stairs, I looked around the room and saw that the room was lit up by a single lamp hanging from the ceiling, and had bookcases everywhere, which were filled with books, some of which appeared to be ancient. I ran to one and hid behind it, but nothing came down the stairs following me. I stood up, and walked around the room, looking at all the books. I saw books ranging from seemingly ancient rare books to the Harry Potter series, all of which were worn out, like they had been read many, many times over. I took one out carefully at random, and instantly knew this had to be the strangest book I'd ever seen. 

As I flipped through its pages, I saw hundreds of pictures of things that had to be fictional. There were giant eyes, things made of a strange shiny and squishy material, a thing that looked like an atom, with the electrons being replaced with spikes and tentacles, and the nucleus with blood, muscle, blood, flesh, things without names, and eyes, and there were many, many more pages. I looked on the spine, and noticed that somehow the title hadn’t been worn out yet. This book was called the Nethersong Codex.

I put it in my pocket. It wasn’t a wide book, but it was thick. However, with a bit of forcing (which probably wasn’t a good idea, considering the book’s age), I could fit it.

I walked to the other side of the room, where there was another staircase, and went down it, throwing a glance over my shoulder every now and then. As I walked through mostly empty rooms, some having furniture in them, I noticed that there were more and more doors appearing on my side. I continued walking

down


down



down




down





down 






down increasingly longer staircases, until I reached the bottom, a room that looked to be 200 yards long and 100 yards wide. This room has changed my life from a normal one to one full of suffering, fear, and misery. I stepped into the room, which was dimly lit by a lamp. There was no moisture, no rotting wood anywhere. And it was cold, it felt like about 40 degrees Fahrenheit. There were doors at every point on the walls that were about 7 feet tall. And it was empty, aside from a single humanoid shape in the middle, about 2 feet tall, looking down. As I approached it, it looked up. Straight at me. With completely white eyes. Silence. 

“Will you be my daddy?”

I backed away towards the stairs.

“Will you?” It said, slowly walking towards me.

I stepped onto the first step on the staircase.

“WILL YOU?” 

Its voice had changed, becoming significantly louder, guttural and scratchy. As I started walking quicker up the stairs, it started to change. It grew to five feet tall, and then to 10. It lost its facial features, but at the same time gained some. It lost its nose, and replaced it with slits in its face. It lost its hair, and replaced it with strange tentacle-like things, squirming around and poking at me. At the same time, the room started to grow, becoming 



                                                                                                                                                                                              wider






                            


                                                                                                   taller












and longer.


The stairs stretched out from       10 feet wide to                                 100, and I turned around and sprinted up them, looking behind me to see an terrible thing chasing after me. Although bringing back the memory requires serious effort, I remember that it was still humanoid, but it had far too many fingers, a face that looked like it was forged from nightmares, arms 5 feet long, legs 8, and a torso filled with holes, squirming with human organs. The body had no organs.

I continued sprinting up the stairs as fast as I could, the thing taking impossibly long steps behind me, but at one point it stopped, and stared at me. I didn’t stop running, but I looked behind me. As we stared at each other, I saw something move behind its eye, something that looked like a leech. I turned around and sprinted faster than before, hearing it start “running” behind me again.

I don’t know how I escaped, but I did. Maybe it lost interest in me. Maybe it was luck. Maybe it was a miracle. But I don’t believe in miracles. Not anymore. As I sprinted to my car and got in, I heard something terrible emanate from those basements, something that should be impossible for anything, human or otherwise, to make. I drove far, far away from that place, never to come back. But I warn you, whoever you are reading this-

Don’t go to Kykark Peak.

© 2017 Jacquerie


Author's Note

Jacquerie
The strange text formatting is intentional, meant to replicate the events of the story. Maybe I failed at it and it took away from the story. Let me know!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
Added on March 2, 2017
Last Updated on March 2, 2017
Tags: Horror, Lovecraftian, Psychological

Author

Jacquerie
Jacquerie

AL



About
I tend to write stories influenced by HP Lovecraft, although I write plenty of stories not remotely influenced by him. My stories are mostly suitable for everyone, but there will be a warning if a cer.. more..