Glass

Glass

A Poem by ..And Then He Died

It breaks and burns under my feet.
The world is made of glass, so easy to break.
I think that I am falling into the glass, falling into the world and
breaking my bones.
I am drowning in this glass world. 

© 2011 ..And Then He Died


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like how,'..falling into...' forms into a refrain in your poem. Also 'break, glass and world' are repeated which emphatically portray the essence of the poem. It is short and to the point. I enjoyed reading it. Thank you.

Posted 12 Years Ago


The great thing about poetry is that you dont always have to understand the poem, which I really dont understand this poem, but it is a wonderful poem because it has emotion behind it. And I do believe that a little length wouldnt hurt.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I really like this. It's a bit hard to put into words how this makes me feel but I really relate to it. I do think that you could expand this and it would be hugely better. Like putting in more imagery, and what the consequences of falling would be (foreshadowing), and then the drowning part. Regardless of that, this is good as is. I do like short poems :) I'm really looking forward to reading more from you!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 22, 2011
Last Updated on August 22, 2011

Author

..And Then He Died
..And Then He Died

Vancouver , Canada



About
Imagine this: You’re peaking. You’re in your youth. At the prime of your life. The last thing you want to be is a symbol for heroin use. You’ve finally met someone of the opposite se.. more..

Writing