The Whiny Noob

The Whiny Noob

A Story by Newbunkle
"

Throwing the dummy out of the pram.

"

He stared at the screen in dismay, as the results of the tragic error revealed themselves. His beloved work was gone, swallowed by oblivion. He had carelessly neglected to make back ups of his work, and entrusted the safety of his only copies to a writer's website. He thought this was a good idea. He thought wrong.

 

His fist was clenched and he gritted his teeth in rage. This was all their fault! It must be! He began to formulate a plan. He would punish them, but how? Suddenly the idea came to him, and a smirk appeared over his red face. Enraged, he opened up a competition and poured his hate and anger into it. He fiendishly crafted his insults, and mocked them. He called forth a number of expletives as if they were hellfire, then he laughed. Surely everyone would join him in his walkout, in protest over this heinous crime! They didn't. He failed to destroy the website. He failed at life.

 

THE END

© 2008 Newbunkle


Author's Note

Newbunkle
This isn't a serious work, so you don't need to reply. It was created to submit to a fake competition, which was opened in revenge by a member who then closed his account.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Well, I rather enjoyed it! I stumbled upon this hideous contest and thought to myself, "Self, who is the idiot in this plight?" The answer was quite simple! HE IS!

The site is not to blame for his negligence in NOT saving his works to CD or to a Word Processing program!

Then again, his screen name says a lot about his mentality...Finger pointing began a long time ago in a garden...

The women you gave me, she made me eat it...HAH! the serpent, it's his fault - he beguiled me!...

tsk tsk tsk...

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Dude, kudos, man. You'd be great at insulting people over Xbox Live...

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I found this when I looked at his rants. This was funny. You still get kudos!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I laughed so hard when I read this, I also saw the contest, WAY too funny!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I thought the same thing. What a t**d!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thanks for making me laugh. It was awesome of you to post a response to the "contest!" The ending sentence "He failed at life" was priceless.

Tesh : )

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

:D



Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

lol Actually I believe you have summed up this joker in perfection. I always though the golden rule of any computer was: Save, Save, and Save again

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is hilarious. And most likely what really happened. I saw the stupid contest you were writing about. Nice job, you made me laugh today. =]

Summer

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I whole-heartedly agree!

Not to mention the fact that reading this a second time over--since apparently my memory really is failing me and I forgot that I had visited said contest and this written piece before--it is still wholly enjoyable and made me giggle.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

lol

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

560 Views
26 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on May 8, 2008

Author

Newbunkle
Newbunkle

Truro, United Kingdom



About
I've always wanted to be a writer, and tried out a few short stories when I was in college. My friends enjoyed them, and passed them onto their friends, until a number of people I didn't know had read.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..