Teenage Princess

Teenage Princess

A Story by NibbleLove
"

There is a princess who doesn't quite get along with her little sister, until an evil witch sends them on an adventure where they will have to work together to save their kingdom.

"

  Once upon a time, there lived a 15 year old princess named Angela. Angela lived with her step father, King Stuart, and her mother, Queen Harrietta. Angela’s real father, King Walace lived over 3,000 miles away from the princess, and sometimes Angela felt happier that way. Angela had long blonde hair, perfect skin, and most of the time liked to wear fluffy pink dresses. The princess was beautiful, but not happy. 

       “ Won’t you come live with with me my sweet? I will bake you butter muffins, your favorite,” King Walace told Angela as he twirled the phone cord around his finger.

       “ Dad, I told you a billion times! I’m happy here! I want to stay here! I-,” Angela choked. She knew she was unhappy in that kingdom. She hung up the phone and sat on her bed. She thought about Lium. She loved him so much. Prince Lium and Princess Angela. They seemed so perfect for each other. It was a shame that Lium was to be married in 3 years to a woman of his parents choice. He had strict parents, and they would make sure Lium married a fine princess. A girl of responsibility. 

       Angela thought more. She thought about her parents. Angela’s mother and step father were good parents. They were there for her. They also wanted Angela to be the next Queen of Maldonia. She didn’t want to be Queen. She wanted to be free. She wanted to run away, with Lium perhaps. 

       Angela’s thoughts kept going. Princess Sasha was Angela’s step sister. A cold hearted, no good, spoiled little annoyance. Sasha lived with her step father, the powerful wizard named Levi, and she lived with her mother, a hard working fairy god mother named Lisia. Sasha had it all; riches, freedom, everything Angela wanted. 

       A few minutes later, Angela’s thoughts were interrupted by her mother.

       “ Angela! Get ready for dinner! Sasha’s parents are coming over!” Queen Harrietta yelled from down the stairs. 

       “ Does that mean Sasha is coming too?” Angela asked.

       “ Yes, and this time don’t flick pees at her!” Her mother answered. 

       When Angela heard the doorbell ring, she hid behind the counter in the kitchen. 

       “ Angela, don’t hide,” King Stuart replied. When Angela’s mother opened the door, the first thing she saw was Sasha. Sasha was dressed nicely. She wore a green and white dress, and a lighter green bow was attached to her curly black hair. Sasha smiled, showing her perfect pearly white teeth. Jealousy rose in Angela, but she wouldn’t admit it. Angela glanced at Levi and Lisia. Lisia had long, gold hair with small, glittery extensions hanging from her head, and she wore a light blue dress that sparkled in the light. Levi wore a darker blue cloak with yellow stars all over, a pointy hat, and a long white beard. He looked like a wizard should look. 

       Dinner wasn’t quite ready yet, so Angela’s mother sent her and Sasha upstairs while the grownups talked. 

       As soon as Angela shut the door, negativity filled the bedroom. 

       “ Ewww! Pink! I hate pink!” Sasha cried as she pointed at Angela’s dress.

       “ Ewww, green!” Angela lied. She didn’t really think green was all that bad. 

       “ So are you french kissing Lium yet?” asked Sasha.

       “ Shut up!” 

       “ Make me!” they argued. Angela dropped the subject.

       “ So, what have you been up to?” asked Angela.

       “ I’ve been learning a lot of stuff, like how to use hover skates! I bet you can’t do that! I also learned an invisibility spell!” she answered. 

       “ Where did you learn that?”

       “ Discovery channel!”

       “ Lazy bum!” 

       “ You stink!” yelled Sasha as she attempted to yank Angela’s dress off. Angela held her back.

       “ Cut it out, Sasha!” 

       “ Don’t call me names!”

       “ Don’t be a baby!”

       “ I’m 11 years old!” 

       “ I’m 15!” they argued until the door to the room pushed open. Angela expected it to be her mother, about to punish the girls. Instead, a lady about 35 years of age, wearing a long white dress, and who had black silky hair entered. Angela noticed her red lips. She thought they looked straight out of a magazine. The woman held a long trident with a light pink pearl on the end of it directly at Sasha and Angela.

       “ She’s a witch,” whispered Sasha. 

       “ Your lives are about to change dramatically,” the witch explained, and the princesses knew it. The girls stood in silence as a beautiful golden dust emerged from the tip of the pearl on the trident. Sasha and Angela were gone.

       “ Look at what you did!” Sasha yelled at Angela as they examined the forest they woke up in. 

       “ I didn’t do this!” cried Angela. 

       “ What if we never find our way home? We’ll die out here!” Sasha sobbed. 

       “ Don’t cry Sasha. We’ll get home,” Angela knew it wasn’t very likely. “ Why don’t we just yell for help?” she suggested. 

       “ Stop,” Sasha said.

       “ Stop what?” Angela asked.

      “ Stop trying to make things better! Stop trying to fix this! We could be anywhere right now! We could even be on Mars! This probably never would have happened if you were never born, Angela!” Sasha yelled through her tears.

      “ If I was never born? If I was never born, Stuart wouldn’t be King! If I was never born, my parents would have still been together, which would make my dad the king! I think it is a very good thing that I was born!” Angela replied.

      “ What makes you think your parents would still be together?” asked Sasha.

      “ Well, I, uh,” Angela choked back her tears. Sasha hugged her older sister as they sat in the dirt and cried. 

      The forest grew darker, and it was beginning to rain. 

      “ Come on Sasha, it’s raining. Let’s go find somewhere to sleep,” Angela said.

      “ I don’t think I want to,” Sasha told her.

      “ What?”

      “ I give up,” she answered.

      “ What? You can’t give up! We barely went anywhere! All you ever do is give up!” Angela yelled. “ You really are a lazy bum!”

      “ Maybe I am,” Sasha replied.

      “ Please come with me?” Angela begged.

      “ No.”

      “ Fine,” she decided to sleep there for the night.

      Angela couldn’t sleep. Sasha was out cold, but all Angela could do was lay there. She watched her sister breath. A few minutes passed, and Angela noticed Sasha getting whiter. She was scared. Sasha was disappearing. 

      “ Sasha, wake up!!” Angela yelled.

      “ What.”

      “ Where are you? Sasha, you’re disappearing!” she cried.

      “ I.... I don’t know where I am!” Sasha answered.

      “ Sasha!”

      “ I can’t here you, Angela! Talk louder!” 

      “ What! I can’t here you anymore! Sasha?” Sasha was gone. Angela cried for what seemed like hours. “ I give up too! I hate my life!” Angela noticed she was beginning to disappear also. She realized she wasn’t in the forest anymore. 

      “ Angela! There you are!” Sasha ran up to her.

      “ Sasha!” she answered. The girls were in no place they’ve ever seen in their life. 

      Out of nowhere, the witch appeared. 

      “ Hello children. I am here to give you everything you’ve ever wanted,” she said.

      “ Really?” Sasha stepped up with a smile on her face. Angela missed that smile.

     “ Yes dear,” she answered. “ I have created a world for you both. Just step into this mirror,” she said as a mirror magically appeared, “ and the kingdom of Maldonia will be in the palm of your hands. Angela, I gave you freedom, and a boy named Lium. I thought you might like that,” the witch replied. “ You would never have to be Queen, and your father has stopped bugging you to live at his home. Sasha, I gave you the chance to be Queen. I also gave you all the tools you need for your scientific experiments, including a lab partner who would be glad to do all your chores for you,” she explained.

     “ Really?” Sasha wondered.

     “ Of course! All you have to do is let my children be rulers of your original world. Don’t fret. You won’t even be there to see the damage. So what do you girls say?” Angela and Sasha agreed, and soon enough the girls were stepping through the magic mirror, ready to live the life they always dreamed of. 

     The mirror world was amazing! Sasha and Angela spent all of their time together. Sasha created many new spells, and Angela was happily dating Lium.

     “ Hey Angela! Want to go swimming?” Sasha asked.

     “ Totally!” They laughed and played in the sun for hours. Later, Angela suggested having a hoola-hoop contest. 

     “ I’m going to win!” Sasha laughed as she spun her silver hoola-hoop around her waist. 

     “ Sure.... Whatever you say loser!” she answered. At that very second, Sasha tumbled over Angela, and they rolled down the greenest hill together, laughing uncontrollably. It was paradise, for a little while....

     A few weeks went by. Sasha and Angela were beginning to feel regret. In fact, it wasn’t paradise anymore. To them, it was hell.

     One day, as Sasha and Angela were playing on their hover skates, the witch magically appeared.

     “ You’re not happy, are you? You see, that’s a problem. If you’re not happy, my kids are not happy, and that makes me very unhappy,” she explained. “ You want to go home?”

     “ Yes! Yes, thank you!” Sasha laughed. 

     “ Sasha, darling, it’s not that easy. You would have to return home to the new kingdom.”

     “ The one where your kids are in charge?” asked Angela.

     “ Yes,” answered the witch.

     “ That’s okay!” Sasha replied.

     “ No Sasha! It’s not okay!” Angela argued.

     “ I really want to see my mom,” Sasha said.

      “ Ok, fine,” Angela agreed.

      “ There is a small problem,” the witch began. “ Your parents don’t remember you anymore.”

      “ What?” asked Sasha.

      “ I used a spell so the cops wouldn’t be too busy searching for missing princesses,” she said.

      “ Well, we don’t want to go home anymore,” Angela said.

      “ Now wait one moment dear, I didn’t say there wasn’t a way to get back to your old life, but to do so, it will require hard work, and acceptance. Sasha must get someone to say they love her in one week.” Sasha gasped. Knowing Sasha, that would be a hard thing to do. 

      “ No way! I am not getting someone to love me! Yuck!” Sasha crossed her arms and shook her head.

      “ Please, Sasha? Don’t you want to see your mom and dad?” Angela begged.

      “ Yes.....”

      “ It’ll just be this once,” she said.

      “ Fine,” Sasha agreed. 

      “ Once I poof you girls home, head north and you will find a cottage. A boy named Joseph lives there. He would be happy to let you stay. He’s cute too,” the witch winked at Sasha. Little did the girls know, Joseph was not ever going to tell Sasha he loved her. Instead, he was a part of the witches trap for tragedy.

      Soon enough, the girls were home, only it didn’t look anything like it. Trees had fallen all over the place, men with guns flew through peoples windows and shot them, there were fires, planes crashing into gene’s, and dead bodies were easily seen. When matters seemed they couldn’t get any worse, Sasha began to cry. 

       Sasha and Angela tried to blend into the crowd as much as possible as they walked north. When they reached the cottage, it was very dark out, and their clothes were soaked from the rain. Angela knocked on the wooden door and a little boy, Sasha’s age answered. 

        “ Hello ladies. Someone told me you’d be stopping by. My name is Joseph. You must be Angela, and you must be Sasha! Come in! I made you two some nice dry dresses,” he said as the girls followed him in. 

        It was very warm in the cottage. The fire was going, and there were 3 bowls of soup on the wooden table. It smelled wonderful. It was then the girls realized how hungry they were.

        “ Would you like some soup?” Joseph asked.

        “ Yes!” answered Angela as the girls sat on the chairs which were also made of wood. Sasha knew Joseph was the one, and she wasn’t too thrilled about it. 

        That night, Sasha and Angela slept fantastically. Angela dreamed of Lium. She missed him.

        The next few days were great. Sasha was falling for Joseph. He taught her how to play piano, and he took her to dinner one night. Angela felt awkward and Sasha did too, but they were getting closer to home. Sasha and Joseph flew around the kingdom together, made magic spells, and rode on a unicorn. Sasha still wasn’t happy about the idea, but it was obvious she loved the attention. 

        “ Angela, can I sleep with you?” asked Sasha. Angela looked at her clock.

        “ It’s 2am, Sasha! I thought you were sleeping in Joseph’s room tonight.”

        “ I was, but I got scared,” Sasha replied. “ Besides, Joseph left. He was cold and he went to get more firewood,” she yawned. 

        “ Ok, you can sleep with me,” Angela said as Sasha climbed under the covers.

        “ Do you think we’ll ever see mom and dad again?” Sasha asked.

        “ Yes. I’m sure Joseph will say he loves you any day now!” Angela answered. 

        “ Do you mean it?” whispered Sasha.

        “ Yeah, well, I think so.” 

        “ We only have 2 days left, or else we’ll be stuck here forever!”

        “ I know, Sasha,” Angela mumbled.

        “ Goodnight, Angela.”

        “ Night.”

        They fell asleep quickly. Angela dreamed of home. She dreamed of her mother, her father, and her step father. She wondered if things would go back to the way they were with her sister. She hoped not.

        The next morning, Angela woke up to screaming. 

        “ ANGELA HELP ME!!! HELP ME PLEASE!!!”

        “ Sasha?” she yelled.

        “ HELP ME!!”

        “ SASHA!!” Angela searched for Sasha everywhere. When she entered the kitchen, the first thing she noticed was a big hole in the ground. The hole was filled of lava, bright red splashes jumped up near the surface. Joseph was floating in the middle of the pit, watching a little girl struggle to keep herself from falling. The girl was hanging on the the edge of the pit. That little girl was Sasha.

        “ SASHA!!” Angela ran to her and grabbed her hands, attempting to pull her up. Sasha was heavy, and it didn’t help that both girls were sweating. 

        “ UHG!! HELP ME ANGELA!!” she sobbed. Angela couldn’t stand watching her baby sister be tortured like this. Both girls were crying, screaming, using every inch of muscle in their body. Angela had never seen anything like it.

        “ SASHA!! LISTEN TO ME!” Angela didn’t know what to say. She couldn’t say everything was going to be ok, because that would be a lie.

        “ SASHA, I DON’T KNOW WHAT’S GOING TO HAPPEN, BUT I NEED YOU TO KNOW SOMETHING!!” Sasha was crying rapidly. “ I WANT YOU TO KNOW, I NEVER MEANT WHAT I SAID!! I DON’T THINK THAT YOU’RE A LAZY BUM!! YOU’RE NOT A BABY EITHER!!! I’M GLAD YOU’RE LEARNING SO MUCH!!! I’M PROUD OF YOU!!! SASHA, I WANT YOU TO KNOW I DON’T HATE YOU!!! I LOVE YOU!! AND I ALWAYS WILL!!!! NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU!!!” Angela cried. Sasha cried. The sisters held onto each other tightly as a golden tornado spun around them, lifting them higher and higher in the air. It began pulling them away from each other, forcing them to let go of each others hands. They screamed. Angela thought that was the last time she would ever see Sasha. That was the end.

       Angela woke up. She was sleeping on her bed at her house. Angela was at her house. She turned on her side and saw her sleeping sister laying next to her. Angela leaned over and kissed her little sisters forehead.

       The two princesses spent most of their lives having adventures together. Adventures that didn’t involve wizards, wands, or mystical creatures.

       I’m Amber Peeler. I’m not a princess, I don’t live in a kingdom, and I don’t have magic. But when I’m with my sister, I am the most powerful girl in the world, because in my life, my sister is the magic. I love you Alyssa.

        

      

     

© 2013 NibbleLove


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

NibbleLove
I wrote this in eighth grade so it may be a bit... childish :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Not bad. This has a somewhat allegorical tone to it, which is a nice touch - don't see that horribly often. You could have formatted the dialogue a little differently - those quotation marks just floating there at the start of each line is a little distracting, but I suppose it's personal taste. Other than that, well done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


NibbleLove

11 Years Ago

Thanks! I'll remember that for the future :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
1 Review
Added on April 7, 2013
Last Updated on April 8, 2013

Author

NibbleLove
NibbleLove

About
Hello, I'm Amber and I more..

Writing
My Dad :) My Dad :)

A Poem by NibbleLove


House House

A Poem by NibbleLove