When I Look In The Mirror

When I Look In The Mirror

A Poem by NibbleLove
"

This is a poem about what I see when I look in the mirror, compared to what others see when they look at me.

"

When   I   look   in   the   mirror,   I   see   brown   hair   with   her   bangs   pulled   out   of   he    face.   I   see   chapped   lips,   and   braces   sitting   on   top   of   straight   teeth.   She’s    normally   wearing   a   T-shirt,   ripped   blue   jeans,   a   sweater,   Ughs,   and   she    doesn’t   wear   makeup.   When   I   look   in   the   mirror,   I   see   a   six   year   old   girl,    smiling.   Yet   she   is   sad.   She’s   sad   because   she   is   all   alone,   and   nobody    understands   her.   She   has   friends,   and   a   family   who   loves   her.   But   I   suppose    every   six   year   old   girl   is   never   satisfied.   When   someone   else   looks   at   this   girl,    they   see   a   teenager.   A   very   small,   and   happy   teenager,   who   wears   a   huge    sweater   for   comfort,   rather   than   to   hide   herself.   They   don’t   look   at   her   eyes    but   instead   they   see   a   bright   smile   full   of   happiness.   Maybe   they   don’t   even    see   her   at   all.   Maybe   the   six   year   old   girl’s   smile   is   her   invisibility   cloak.   Her    smile,   sweater,   ripped   jeans,   T-shirt   and   Ugh’s   are   meant   to   hide   her   from    the   world.   All   but   her   hair,   which   is   pulled   back   from   her   eyes   so   that   maybe    one   person   in   the   world   will   look   at   them   and   see   the   sad   little   girl.   Maybe   if    she   keeps   her   hair   back,   just   one   person   will   see   her   for   how   she   really   feels,    and   who   I   truly   am.    

© 2013 NibbleLove


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

ping. hit me right in the heart. i know this feeling and i love this poem

Posted 11 Years Ago


NibbleLove

11 Years Ago

lol thank you :)
beautiful dreamer

11 Years Ago

welcome :)
This was beautiful. I felt myself drawn into this piece from beginning until the end. You really have a fresh style of writing and I enjoyed it! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


NibbleLove

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much! :D
Amber, the feelings you describe in your poem, are universal. Myself, I'm 43 years old, and the image that is reflected in my mind is, nothing like that others see, of me. In my case, its very dark and destructive. Hopefully, in time, the two images will merged into one. Thank you, sharing this very personal side of you.

Posted 11 Years Ago


NibbleLove

11 Years Ago

Thank you, Therisa. That was really nice :)
therisa

11 Years Ago

Your welcome, Amber.
its beautiful, a part of me can relate to that.

Posted 11 Years Ago


NibbleLove

11 Years Ago

Thank you, Jermaine :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 7, 2013
Last Updated on April 7, 2013

Author

NibbleLove
NibbleLove

About
Hello, I'm Amber and I more..

Writing
My Dad :) My Dad :)

A Poem by NibbleLove


House House

A Poem by NibbleLove



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


women women

A Poem by quinfinn