No title

No title

A Poem by Nichelle
"

Wrote this poem as a warning to myself that a certain friend of mine would do nothing than build up hope in order to make me fall.

"

The apples falling from the ground remind the seeds to steady theit slow awakening.  In the breath of tears shaken from steady stars I make you giggle still.  The sleep in my eyes hides the longing for a longer punshment.  To lie awake upon dirt filled sheets and shine brighter still than the vast uncertainity.  The strokes of swimmers drowned us all and for you I wish this peace. 

 

Do not hinder me, do not listen either, for ill forgotten words spring once ill remembered curses to your memory.  Anger hides inside the depression.  Anger at self for trusting in such make believe.  It is true, the fault will forever follow into my bed.  Entwined with the malaise, this bed time snack, I forget true meaning. 

 

And still, Hope as a night cap.  Hope as a throw rug.  Hope in every stitch I crave as victory slays the weary.  You and I, we do not dance at the midnight masqurades.  The pink, the yellow, and yes, even the green dim at the thought of needing to see you again.

© 2008 Nichelle


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It is so easy to blame yourself for the way relationships work out. I liked the part when you said "Anger hides inside the depression." What a profound idea. I appreciate your piece and am glad you chose to share it. The idea of hope is so complex. Sometimes it is wonderful, and sometimes it causes more hurt than without it. That is the hardest part. Thank you again for you words that clearly convey such raw emotion. I will absolutely read some of your other writings as well. Keep up the good work!

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

85 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 19, 2008

Author

Nichelle
Nichelle

CO



About
Been writing for quite some time, but am too much of a procrastinator to actually finish anything I've started. I love words and yet I am a horrible speller. more..

Writing
BARK! BARK!

A Poem by Nichelle


Kamikaze Kamikaze

A Poem by Nichelle