Once Upon This One Time

Once Upon This One Time

A Story by NicholeHemstock

So "Story" is a rather strong word for this. I wanted to write my experience recently as more than just a blog no one is going to read. Lately, I've been rather in a bind. I was guilted into enrolling in a college that I knew I didn't want to attend, I got a job working for a sketchy county judge, and I was bullied into oblivion. By bullied, I don't mean they shoved me into lockers or trash cans, or took my lunch money; I mean they went out of their way every single day to make my life a living hell. 
I enrolled in college in August. It's amazing how many things can change in three months. It's amazing how much you can change in three months. I myself did a lot of changing. I made a new best friend, and started my way to earning a BA. I thought I was happy, because the people around me made me happy. Worse comes to worse, and my "best friend" goes bat s**t crazy and makes it a point to get her boyfriend, and all his sheep-like golfer friends to constantly make passes at me in the hallway, in the caf, in the lobby, in class, and in the car park. They develop horrible nick names for me, and repeatedly call me out on Yik Yak, instagram, twitter, facebook, and snapchat. Despite that, I still found someone to hang out with. Over time, we started hanging out more and more, and I realized that it wasn't my friends that made me happy there, it was the idea that I had so many friends that made me feel better about being there. I realized that I hated my major, I hated the town, and above all, I hated who I was when I was there.
 My personal growth was happening in the opposite direction, and I knew that needed to change. My new friend also had a lot of personal growth that needed to be done, and we decided to start taking weekends away from college. We both found our stress levels going down while away, and experienced an exceptional amount of dread whenever it came time to head back to the dorms. This was one of the defining moments that lead us to our conclusion. One night, we were having one of those soul releasing conversations about our dreams and ambitions, and I shared mine; cosmetology. The look on her face was priceless, she wanted the same thing. I, being very into the concept and ideas of destiny, took this as a sign. We both did our research, got accepted into the same cosmetology school, and decided to ditch the dead weight that college threw upon us. 
Never in my life did I think I would be a college drop out. Never in my life did I think that I would be accepted into the best cosmetology in the state of Texas, and never did I think I would find another best friend. So when I tell this "story" to my future generations, I will tell a tale of betrayal, ostracism, hope, and self-realization. This tale will have no specific name, and will contain no sentimental value other than the morals acquired during this time. Not once will I speak of the names, the places, or the specific injuries my pride suffered; only will I say, "Once upon this one time"...

© 2014 NicholeHemstock


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Seems like all that was needed was a friend to give you a little push, someone you can walk together and be a step closer to your dream.
I congratulate you for being able to finally find you way .I think of your story as one that shall be told so it would encourage the one who are still stuck with someone's else dreams and expectations upon themselves . I believe many find themselves in this stage of life and in your story .

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

NicholeHemstock

9 Years Ago

Thank you!



Reviews

Seems like all that was needed was a friend to give you a little push, someone you can walk together and be a step closer to your dream.
I congratulate you for being able to finally find you way .I think of your story as one that shall be told so it would encourage the one who are still stuck with someone's else dreams and expectations upon themselves . I believe many find themselves in this stage of life and in your story .

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

NicholeHemstock

9 Years Ago

Thank you!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 14, 2014
Last Updated on December 10, 2014
Tags: friends, betrayal, college, roommate, best friend, new friends, personality, heart, changes

Author

NicholeHemstock
NicholeHemstock

Emory, TX



About
My name is Nichole, and some call me Beezy. Instagram: @NicholeHemstock Twitter:@NicholeHemstock Tumblr: TheNicholeHemstock Wordpress: CriticsCabnet more..

Writing