Microstory 1: Then You

Microstory 1: Then You

A Story by Nick Fisherman
"

This is a microstory. You'll have to read it to find out what it's about.

"
The other day, you struggled out of the twisted metal that was once your car. Then you soared through the air, and watched as cans of beer slammed into the windshield. Then you fell asleep at the wheel. Then you ran two red lights and nearly hit a pedestrian. Then you grazed a mailbox, twisting the post so that it was going in the wrong direction. Then you crawled into your car, from the passenger side. Then you spilled your coffee in the doorway. Then you put your pants on backwards and your shirt on inside out. Then you tried desperately to rub the cracks out of your phone screen. Then you threw your phone across the room to stop the alarm. Then you woke up at dawn. Then you went to bed a couple hours before dawn. Then you got home. Then you rubbed your eyes and stepped out of the car. Then you remembered what you needed and made a stop at the liquor store. Then you left work after a grueling double shift. Then your coworker suggested that you buy the boss a case of beer to butter him up so he'll give you that promotion. Then you took on some extra work. Then you didn't go through with the plan. Then you planned on quitting your job. Then you got to work. Then you got a couple hours of sleep after another grueling double shift.

© 2015 Nick Fisherman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I get the idea, the idea I get. I have read one second person story that didn't give me a headache. It was in Esquire about a dozen years ago and had to do with automobile mufflers and defenestration. A great story, unbelievably good. Haven't seen one since.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I did suss this out from about the fourth line - Im not gonna say what its about because someone reading the live feed will see my comments coming up and it will ruin it for them. But its damned clever Nick. I liked it - a lot. :))

Posted 9 Years Ago


Nick Fisherman

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much. I appreciate your words. I have received little to no criticism since I took a cr.. read more
ANTO

9 Years Ago

One man I really admire Kelly Jones (okay he's a lyricist), started off on a creative writing class .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 12, 2015
Last Updated on March 12, 2015
Tags: Microstory

Author

Nick Fisherman
Nick Fisherman

About
BE SURE TO READ MY ONGOING NOVEL SERIES, THE ADVANCEMENT OF MATEO MATIC PUBLISHED VOLUME 1 (2015): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/624899 2016 Installments: http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/N.. more..

Writing
Test Test

A Story by Nick Fisherman