Perception of Our World

Perception of Our World

A Story by Nick Schafer
"

Knowledge is POWER.

"

Nick Schafer

Perception of Our World

            Have you ever thought of how unique our brain is and how all the functions systematically work together to make us humans? When we read and learn new things, the brain is the key to success. As I grow academically, I will use William Cronons trait: reading and understanding to gain knowledge and improve my methods of understanding my environmental and social aspects by extensive reading and being motivated to acquire new information. Now that I am a college student, I am ready to start my engine and drive my goals to their destinations.

            As we grow older, our education improves and has a major influence on how we perceive and interact with the world. An educated person will question everything around him, try to find the meaning of it and have a curiosity to learn as much as possible. They will ask a series of questions about the topic they are dealing with to help understand and interpret the information so they can explain it in an intelligent manner. Educated people tend to have more self-control when it comes to abiding to the college code. They come to class prepared, on time, and have a flawless attendance record. They also contribute opinions and beliefs to the classroom and are respectful to their classmates’ ideas. Educated people are also critical thinkers who explore, find, and appreciate the information. Their answers to every question and solutions are backed up by extensive and deliberating research.

As a student, I am responsible for my own education and how I obtain it. The road to success will not be an easy journey. Many difficult obstacles will delay me from achieving my long term goals. As an educated person, I must be aware of these impediments and have the self-control to complete college with high performance. When in class, I will have to surpass the common and conventional requirements and aim to be the best. In order to succeed with classwork, I must be able to take precise notes, connect with the community or audience and keep them interested, produce quality writing, and complete all of the assignments standards. I will also need to be respectful to my professors by performing these methods and attending every class for the full duration. An advantage to following all these steps will be that my professors will value me as an exemplary student. Follow these steps of being an educated person will help my meet my goals.

Reading a broad range of material will help me understand our ever-changing world. As our world advances in technology and faces economic headaches, our current and future generations have to excel in their field of study and promote intrinsic values of empathy, justice, and education. The advantages of being educated are extremely beneficial to you and our society. One advantage is our understanding of numerous concepts and events that molded our nation and influenced history. Another advantage is most educated people have greater salaries or higher ranking positions in their job due to their knowledge and course of action to benefit the company. As our population grows, so does the abundance of educated people which is very propitious and profitable to our country’s capital. Also, there is a rise of educated teachers, professors, and adults who highlight the importance of education by dignifying what opportunities lie beyond "The Great Wall" of procrastination. The educated people of today hold the key to future success; it is up to us to unlock the iron doorway and lead a better life and society as a whole. The key to becoming an educated person is extensive reading.

I will develop this trait by exercising and maintaining each quality of an educated person and liberal instructor. Keeping track of my homework assignments in my fact finder, seeking help and advice, participating during and out of class, joining clubs, and not committing truancy are just a few simple methods I will strictly follow. By the end of this semester I am confident I will polish these disciplines and acquire new techniques to succeed. I will measure my progress by: checking my grades periodically, noting academic achievements, and revising my goals.

As our population grows and the work force decays due to the lack of intuition and unemployment rates at 7.4% (2013Trading Economics); our society has two options: either we settle for a poor or mediocre lifestyle or we take the initiative and start our journey to success by educating ourselves thoroughly and immediately for a beneficial life by reaching our full potential. “My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country,” (John F. Kennedy) this inspirational quote of moral fiber is what our society needs to revolutionize and also destroy our archaic methods. We can perform this by reading a broad range of material every day and having the curiosity to be educated and promoting liberal perspectives to our community and environment will drastically improve our intrinsic values to our world.

           

 

 

 

 

 

Work Cited Page

 

"United States Unemployment Rate." TRADING ECONOMICS. 2013 TRADING ECONOMICS, 2 Aug. 2013. Web. 28 Aug. 2013.

© 2013 Nick Schafer


Author's Note

Nick Schafer
First College Comp. essay

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very fine piece. It inspires one to achieve a higher level of education.. I appreciate it very much.. Continue to do so God bless..

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

78 Views
1 Review
Added on September 8, 2013
Last Updated on September 8, 2013
Tags: Education, Freedom, Liberal, Growth, College Composition

Author

Nick Schafer
Nick Schafer

Ballwin, MO



About
I'm a Fresh college student and ready to discover my future career. I just now started to have interest in writing; now I want to communicate with the writing community and voice my opinion. more..