short story #1

short story #1

A Story by Nicki21

"Why so distant today?"
-"Huh..ah no reason, jus a lot on my mind that's all."
"Work?"
-"Work, finances, u know the norm."
"O, ok do u wanna talk about it?"
-"Honestly I don't hun. I really jus wanna enjoy the night. The moon is lit jus perfectly, the waves ever so subtle, the winds playin a song only we can hear."
This had to b the most uncomfortable they've ever felt around each other. They felt the uneasiness in each others voice. Her being a women, curiosity flooded her mind. Him being a man, he was choking on pride. 
They've built there empire,  family is settled, they know where home is. So why the uneasiness, why the distance, any is it so cold.
Silent hours go by, only noise to b heard comes from the ocean. The only air they have to breath is tension filled.
She knows his excuses are only to protect her heart from what her mind knows already.
"Listen babe, I have to tell u something." She says.
-"What's up." He replies.
"Our house is in order, financially were stable, our family is healthy n blooming, and yet lately u seem to b fading away."
His Ora changes. She sees the sweat beads forming on his hairline. His hands arent still. His breath in changes. The air continues to thicken.
-"What are you implying". Is all he can come up with.
With the coldest stare, she finds the strength to say " I already know."
She senses his heart sinking. She feels his sorrow. She knows its genuine.
All they could do at that point in time was jus stare. Stare into the eyes they fell kn love with. No arguing, no hard feelings, using there eyes to burn there memory into each other.
They stand under the moonlight for the last time as Mr. anc Mrs.
Still gazing they lean in for there final kiss. the tips of there fingers finally seperate as they walk away, they turn for a final glance.

The moonlight dims, and all there is to see is footprints, headed in different directions.

© 2014 Nicki21


Author's Note

Nicki21
I wrote this on my tablet but for some reason its not lettin split up the story like I originally planned. There was supposed to b space between convos' feelings stuff of that nature...but beside that hope u enjoy. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This one is dope and reason being most people can relate to this.... it hits home buts it never seems to end this easy, if only... if only

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

279 Views
1 Review
Added on February 18, 2014
Last Updated on February 18, 2014

Author

Nicki21
Nicki21

Writing
5.7.18 5.7.18

A Poem by Nicki21


7.20.17 7.20.17

A Poem by Nicki21


6/13/17 6/13/17

A Poem by Nicki21