Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Inevitable Martyrdom

Inevitable Martyrdom

A Story by nicolecartwright
"

Because we all believe that our cause is the most important.

"

The Bible doesn't tell you to smile. It doesn't encourage you to laugh. So imagine my guilt when I grew into a smiley, fun loving young woman who didn't see the world as something problematic to fix, but paused to see the beauty in each day and treasure the little things.


Imagine my guilt when I realised that I didn't want to “spread the word” to other cultures that have been perfectly happy with their way of living for the past few thousand years.


Imagine my guilt when I looked around one Sunday at church and laughed because the idea that there is some great, all powerful entity governing over us self obsessed, crazy humans is insane - crazy humans who come and apologise for our wrong doings every week then walk out the door and start the cycle again. Rinse and repeat as needed.


We all punish ourselves in different ways whether that be conscious or unconscious, for religious reasons or for other reasons. We think that berating ourselves for our personally defined "sins" means we are good people. There is no blanket rule for good and bad, it differs from person to person. 


We are all martyrs one way or another and eventually we end up dying (metaphorically and sometimes literally) for a cause.


What are you a martyr for?

© 2014 nicolecartwright


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

78 Views
Added on November 10, 2014
Last Updated on November 10, 2014