Death of a Sound

Death of a Sound

A Poem by Nicole Renee

 

Touching the souls of a thousands, it taught a

Right to cherish life and grasp the truth,

A beautiful soul coming out of each word they spoke.

Dare to think that I’m crazy,

I saw the world with different eyes,

Nothing stopping what I was thinking as I

Got my inspiration from all that’s around me.

 

Now

 

You seem to be getting what I’m getting at,

Even when I feel that you are a tad confused with the

Soothing words that the world had whispered in your ears.

Trying to think of more to say to my mind,

I bid you a good night and  a farewell,

Hoping that in

Every way, my waves touched the

Ridge of the rocks,

Daring to get to the vibrant sands that

Await new thoughts and await

Your arrival.

 

 

© 2008 Nicole Renee


Author's Note

Nicole Renee
I loved Trading Yesterday and their music was just amazing. But then they totally changed their style of music and band name. Here's their exact words (from myspace blog):

"trading yesterday: it has been quite an interesting 4 years since this started. i could never have guessed the joys and heartache that have come along the way. hopefully through it all our art has been changed by it. and in that spirit, there is a lot of new music on the way. as promised, the ep is very close. we are mastering next week and it will be in your hands soon. we are very proud of it. as our music has been a journal of where life has taken us, it would be cheap to say that we aren't affected. so we thought you might want to hear a new song. "just a little girl" is a demo of a song that will be on the lp that will come out next year. it's not our common pratice to let you in on something that's not quite finished; but in light of what's on the radio these days, we thought we would make an exception. hope you like it."

Their new music is not that great..... X/

Picture is from the Trading Yesterday website. And I feel like I'm over exaggerating a bit. I don't know why....I'll feel this way about any other band, but Trading Yesterday just touched me a lot...and I'll shut up now. Lol.

And now for what I think about the poem: On Yesterday, I had a bit of trouble making it up, so I hope it makes a bit of sense. ^_^"

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

yeah i liked this poem... didnt know that it was kind of about a band... are they any good??? What kind of music is it again???? I thought the last few lines bout the water hitting the rocks was really brillant and i enjoyed this poem imensly nice work!!

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
1 Review
Added on March 11, 2008

Author

Nicole Renee
Nicole Renee

Anoka, MN



About
I usually write poetry and short stories, yet I always come up with good ideas for novels. I did have a long biography on here,but when Charlie deleted everybody's work off of here on Friday the 13th,.. more..

Writing
10 Days. 10 Days.

A Chapter by Nicole Renee