US Government Senate Sim Bill

US Government Senate Sim Bill

A Story by Nicolerhi
"

A bill me (a slightly right moderate) and my friend (a democrat) compromised to make for a senate simulation during Government class last year. This bill was passed almost unanimously (1 objector).

"

Deportation Act

Taking into consideration the rights of all native-born U.S citizens, there needs to be a solution to the constant influx of illegal immigrants. Deportation of illegal immigrants should occur, just not in a circumstance where a child of an illegal was born on U.S soil. Thus, we propose this bill to fix this problem in a just and constitutional way:

Article I: Any child born on U.S soil is a citizen of the United States of America, thus they are entitled to stay in the country along with their illegal immigrant families, so long as they are direct blood relatives (parents and siblings).

Article II: Direct blood relatives are permitted to stay with the child who is a citizen until the child has reached the age of eighteen. By then, the direct blood relative must have achieved citizenship in order to stay in the country.

Article III: Any illegal immigrant without a minor who is a citizen will be deported, and if an illegal immigrant living in the country because of their American-born child commits any crime above a misdemeanor, the illegal immigrant who committed the crime will be deported back to their country of origin.

Article IV: The United States government will enforce these regulations: illegal immigrants will be sent back to their country of origin unless they have a child who was born on American soil. In that case, the illegal immigrant would be allowed to stay with their spouse, child and any siblings the child may have. Any illegal immigrant living under this exception who commits a crime above a misdemeanor will be deported.

© 2019 Nicolerhi


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

54 Views
Added on May 12, 2019
Last Updated on May 12, 2019

Author

Nicolerhi
Nicolerhi

About
Hiya! Howdy! Bonjour! Hola! I'm Nicolerhi and I, rather obviously, like to write! Poems are the best, but short stories and plays (thespian here!) are cool too! I like writing about religious subjects.. more..

Writing
Amnesiac Amnesiac

A Story by Nicolerhi