Mother

Mother

A Story by Schaquistia Clark
"

This is written like a conversation.

"

A Maiden Asks a Crone, “What do you think is the most important thing we give to our children”?



The Crone replies, “As a mother we give so much to our children.  We make sacrifices for them that they don’t even know about.  As a witch we know that we give them something very special.  Something others skip over and don’t consider.  They say we give them life.  This is true we birth them into the world.  That journey can be amazing and terminal all the same.  That pain scale doesn’t even come up high enough to record how close to death it becomes.  For some of this it is far more true than for others.  None the less the experience changes us.  Some of us handle this giving better than others”.   



With a smile the Maiden asks,” and what is it that we give that makes it so life changing”?



With a pat of the hand the Crone replies, ”It is the thing that is within us all.  It is our core and where our magic comes from.  Our essence, light, energy or whatever you believe.  It is what truly makes us who we are.  We give our children a little piece of it.  It is what we leave behind when we depart.  They carry a piece of our soul.  Sure we could be birthing an old soul, one being reborn.  But, really who is to say that a piece of ours isn’t carried into them.  We are all connected, what if this is what connects.  Not just the idea of threads but, how the fates created them.  



We don’t tell them that we give them a piece of our light.  Maybe this is how some can recall past lives or how we obtain and hone our gifts that are ours alone.  My children look like their mother and she looks like hers.  So much more is given than DNA, maybe it is why they have a natural talent.  



Our gifts to our children throughout their lives and ours reach numbers that can’t be tallied or tracked.  Some will undoubtedly want to know about the darker ones that live.  I would only point out that life even in this must stay in balance.   Who knows maybe it is our little part that will one day set their soul to task taking the world by storm and spreading something new”.



As she lays her head on the shoulder of the Crone the Maiden smiles and whispers, “Mom I am with child”.



A bright smile and a small laugh the Crone simply states, “I know child, why else would I tell you the story of becoming the Mother”?


The pair sit in silence and quietly reflect on the thought.  One the young picture of the other as a new life grows safely inside.

© 2015 Schaquistia Clark


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
Added on December 21, 2015
Last Updated on December 21, 2015
Tags: Mother, Advice, Witch

Author

Schaquistia Clark
Schaquistia Clark

Cincinnati, OH



About
I am a loving mother and wife. I have been writing most of my life and have just now found the peace to share a bit of it. more..

Writing