Injured Part 1

Injured Part 1

A Story by NightWanderer
"

Mia Caufield had a perfect career. For sure, she though her life was sorted. That is until she gets injured and chooses to leave the secure path she was on. What will she do

"

30 seconds left till the referee blows his whistle signalling the end of the game. We're tied with the other team. I throw the volleyball up into the air, and smack it as hard as I can. It flies across our half, over the net and lands on the other side. We've won. The crowd behind me screams "MIA MIA MIA".

"Mia!"

I blink twice then look up to see a girl staring at me. She has blonde hair which is tied up neatly in a ponytail. Linda. My best friend.

"Are you okay?" She asks.

"I'm fine" I reply.

She looks at me funny and shrugs but I can see that she knows I've been daydreaming about volleyball again. It's been almost 4 months since the accident that ruined my career. Ever since then, I've been drifting in and out of reality just wishing to go back to that world I once lived in. As class finishes, I walk towards my next one and pass a poster recruiting volleyball players.

"Wow, our rookie is amazing!"

I swirl around to see that I'm in a gym with the coach beaming at me as though I was a trophy. I never thought I would join the volleyball team. Then again, I never knew I could even play volleyball in the first place. The whole team rushes towards me and lifts me up into the air saying I'm a champion. News spreads around about my talent and soon many people come to get my autograph. I take pictures with them and sign their schoolbooks, bags and well, anything that can be written on. Volleyball's a big deal here at Veron High School.

"I want an autograph too!"

As I turn around to see who had yelled so loudly, I realized it was the principle. Oh my god. I smile my best and calmly walk towards her and...

"Miss Caulfield, are you listening?"

I drag myself back into reality to see the real principle glaring at me. Was she saying something? She seems pretty mad. I decided to muster up whatever pride and courage I had left to reply.

"Yes, Mrs Farquesohn?"

"I need your help. I heard you used to play volleyball- "

No. Tell me she isn't going to ask me what I think she will. She can't. No. Please, anything but that.

"-and I could really use your help in training the junior team. Their coach is sick today so would you mind?"

Yes, I do mind. If anyone else was in the position I am now and had gone through what I had, I'm sure they would mind too. But she's at a much higher rank than me so I have no choice but to agree.

"Of course, when am I needed?"

"After School at 4:30 PM today. Thank you Mia, I knew I could count on you."

Then after a quick hair flick, she walks past me. Great, now I have to go to the place I dread the most. What am I going to do?

© 2017 NightWanderer


Author's Note

NightWanderer
This is my first time publishing or writing. What do you think about it? I don't mind feedbacks and brutal honesty. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Also, if many people like it, please let me know so I can continue the story. Thank you so much.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
1 Review
Added on January 5, 2017
Last Updated on January 5, 2017

Author

NightWanderer
NightWanderer

Auckland, Epsom, New Zealand