Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
THE END OF THE VOICES

THE END OF THE VOICES

A Story by NightWriter44
"

Steven could take no-more of the constant voices in his head. Tonight he would end it..

"

It was Christmas eve, as Steven cautiously and tediously loaded the nine millimeter, as he sat crossed legged on his bed. It was the perfect time to end this madness.This is stupid, he thought, as he pushed each shell into the chamber. It will only take one shell to end this haunting that had

tortured his life for so many years.



 He was ready. He had been ready for so long. He just didn't have the courage.Tonight it was different. He didn't fear the repercussions of his act. Tonight, the incessant voices would end. The nightmare that had driven him to the edge of hell, would be no more. He was sick of the doctors who prescribed his pills, the pills that would ease his depression, the ones that never worked.

One doctor even admitted that there was nothing that could stop the voices. He had to learn to live with them.


He tried. He really tried, but they were always there, telling him the dangers he faced, the horror that awaited, the demons that stalked him. Tonight, on Christmas eve, when lost things are found,the demons would die, and at last there would be peace.

He no-longer cared. He had tried to warn his friends, but they all believed it was an idle threat, in a few seconds, they would know, it was not an idle threat.


Steven pushed the last shell into the chamber. It was time. He wouldn't back out this time, like he'd done so many times before.


"God, forgive me," he muttered, as he raised the cold metal barrel. Steven squeezed the trigger and the tragic, ear shattering sound could be heard for blocks. The remains of the demons were splattered and embedded on the wall...silent.


When the police found him, he was lying motionless on his bed. It was over. The police looked at what little was left.

The officer looked at his partner.


"What drives people to do such senseless acts, " He asked.

"His landlady said he talked of being tired of the voices," his partner replied.

 "Look, get someone up here and clean up this mess." He ordered.



"I don't want to take a chance of cutting myself on this glass."




"Jesus Christ, an almost brand new wide screen TV, too, the officer uttered, shaking his head."

"Son, I got to take you in. It's against the law to fire a weapon in the city limits.


Steven had a smile on his face as they cuffed him, and led him a way. At last he was free of the hellish voices.


© 2007 Rain



© 2010 NightWriter44


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

LOL! 800 channels and nothing is ever on. I like the irony and the wit. Very cool. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
1 Review
Added on October 28, 2010
Last Updated on October 28, 2010

Author

NightWriter44
NightWriter44

Miami-Township, OH



About
Sometimes I like me, but not always. I don't know the right path, but I can point you to hundreds of wrong ones. Dance with Life, when you can.. more..

Writing