Like A Predator

Like A Predator

A Story by NightsShade
"

I believe that this explains perfectly how I've felt for quit awhile now....

"

They say 'I love you' but the next moment it's their knife in your back. You're falling down, and with a thud it's your body that hits the ground.  He's standing above you with a smile on his face and the knife in his hand. He laughs while the tears streak down your cheeks and a pool of red seeps from the wound.  It's not his words that are killing but the look on his face and the glint in his eyes.  He used to look at you with a smile, and talk to you with a tremor in his voice.  But while you gaze at the twisted smirk and demented gleam in his eyes you hear the screaming escape your throat.

 

He cut you down and reduced you to a mess.  Something that no one wanted to be around.  Those three words, meant so much to you coming from his mouth.  But you know it's not right, what he would say to you obviously never mattered.  No matter how many times you would explain things to him, he still wouldn't understand how you felt.  Your words could never penetrate his dense head.  But you knew it was there, somewhere inside of you, just below the skin.  The emotion that you would never except, the thing that you didn't want him to know.

 

What happened?  People came and changed his mind about how he felt for you.  They made it so that he no longer thinks but raises arm to take another strike at you.  His knife glinting in the light, while the blood sprays across his face.  His mind was twisted into a ball of dark emotions and thoughts, and the only time that you crossed his mind, was when he was thinking of other ways to tear you apart, piece by piece.

 

You often think, that if you really wanted, you could ruin things for both of them.  Just a few words said and they would brake apart.  An evil plan.  But that would make things worse and the knife would only plunge deeper and he would only stab harder.

 

He's won this fight, his words and evil stare cut you down.  But that doesn't mean that things will ever seize to be anything but a battle.

 

You remember the things that they used to say about each other.  It's amazing that they could be together after that.  Then you remember the things that he used to say to you. Countless times those three words where said and now it doesn't mean a thing, not in his mind.  He only sees what's right in front of his face, but not what's hidden underneath.  People often say to you that his stare can penetrate, but when you look into his eyes, it only reminds you of the hate.

 

There's been so many fights.  You want to believe that they only make you both closer, but every time that knife sinks in  you can only see the rigid truth.

 

You love him, not like a lover, but like a predator loves to kill its prey.

 

The knife is set in place and it's digging deeper.

 

 

© 2009 NightsShade


Author's Note

NightsShade
I don't believe that this has made much sense... Do I say that often about my writing? I would be really happy to know what your interpretation is.

P.S. I don't think I'm done with this piece...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

this is really good! I really want to read more of it, it's so strong and powerful and full of meaning. I sense some sort of hidden meaning maybe? But that is know but to you, and I really hope you add to this. My interpretation of it would be He says that he loves Her, and she sacrifices all she has for Him, and then he stabs Her in the back and reduces her down to nothing but an empty shell. Yet She still has this strange and hunger-like love for Him. This could be interpreted a lot of ways actually, very great write.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I really liked reading this! It was full of emotion! It was beautifully written, wonderfully detailed, and greatly descriptive! What a great story!

Posted 14 Years Ago


this is really good! I really want to read more of it, it's so strong and powerful and full of meaning. I sense some sort of hidden meaning maybe? But that is know but to you, and I really hope you add to this. My interpretation of it would be He says that he loves Her, and she sacrifices all she has for Him, and then he stabs Her in the back and reduces her down to nothing but an empty shell. Yet She still has this strange and hunger-like love for Him. This could be interpreted a lot of ways actually, very great write.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I read the first part of it and its deep. you really dont like that word. I'll have to read the rest another time but its cool

Posted 14 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 13, 2009
Last Updated on June 19, 2009
Previous Versions

Author

NightsShade
NightsShade

Secrets,..., WI



About
I'm a simple person, with simple thoughts and ideas. Don't mind my simple mindedness too much. Note: I give honest reviews, not pointless fluff. Don't feel as if I'm taking a stab at your charact.. more..

Writing