The Boy King and the Trapped Wolf

The Boy King and the Trapped Wolf

A Story by Patryk Shepard
"

A children's fable told by mothers across the vast lands of Kalinfor, a country in my upcoming book series, Aeons of Tellus.

"
Once a time ago during the flow of a time we do not know, there was a young boy whose father died leaving him tied to the title of King.

This young Boy King had many toys, but desired more yet. So he journeyed about for even more to get, through the forest he journeyed to set.

As he went, somewhere there in the thicket his ear bent. The Boy King heard the cry of a creature nearby. 

The Boy King found a beast in the trees, to the east. It was a Wolf that he saw, with a trap upon its paw. 

The Boy King had found a thing to play with. The Trapped Wolf became to be the living toy of the Boy King. 

The Boy King poked the Trapped Wolf with a stick and even gave the beast a couple of kicks. All the while, the boy laughed and took joy. 

The Trapped Wolf was taunted as the Boy King's freedom was flaunted. As the Boy King continued to make jokes of the Trapped Wolf's plight, it only made the beast all the more eager to bite - the Boy King did not know of the Trapped Wolf's true might.

The Boy King lacked tact, and soon he was attacked. The Trapped Wolf thrashed himself free, and now the Boy King his meal would soon be. 

With the Boy King trapped underneath the sharpened teeth, a feast was soon to come for the Trapped Wolf for all that the Boy King had done, and there would be no way for the Boy King to run.

Though the Trapped Wolf had seemed injured it mattered not, he would not let the Boy King rot. 

The Trapped Wolf ate the boy who tried to make him a toy and limped away to eat another King, another day.

© 2014 Patryk Shepard


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

226 Views
Added on February 10, 2014
Last Updated on February 10, 2014
Tags: aeons amnesia boy gunslinger kin

Author

Patryk Shepard
Patryk Shepard

Seattle, WA



About
Hello there, I'm Patryk - writer and hopefully soon to be published author. I'm sure you've heard the same kind of story before somewhere, so I'll get to the point - I love to write and hope that one .. more..

Writing
The Story The Story

A Chapter by Patryk Shepard


Ipseity Ipseity

A Chapter by Patryk Shepard


Alterity Alterity

A Chapter by Patryk Shepard