Change

Change

A Story by Annique le Roux
"

Change is inevitable, but not always unfortunate

"

As she stared out at the ever changing landscape before her, she found herself wishing. She wished for bygone times, for a land untouched by pain and sadness, free to allow Nature’s elements to run their course.

Now and then a faint smile touched her lips as memories pushed their way to the front of her mind. Memories that were filled with a love and happiness beyond reckoning, times when the pain of the world seemed so distant.
 
She realized then that every tree and shrub was different, it had not always been as it was now. And reflected in the sparkling waters of the river was not pain, but change. 
 
She realized too, that she had changed, for to survive in the present, one must move from the past. Change is inevitable, but not always unfortunate, for with it comes hope. Hope for a new life, a new beginning.
 
She sat up a little straighter in the saddle and looked around at the landscape not with disdain, but with profound respect. She had seen the importance of change and it opened her eyes, allowing her to see the world in a new light. She could see clearly now the sun touched grass and the way it swayed gently in the wind, the sunflower whose beautiful head always followed the sun. Every tree was different, wrought in a design that pleased Nature. The dancing water shimmered in the sun and the snow-capped peaks in the distance provided the perfect backdrop to Nature’s set.
 
This was not the end. No, it was the beginning of a new season filled with unknown and uncountable delights. It was the start of something new that enabled survival in the present. It was rich, colourful and the discovery of a world so much bigger than ever imagined. It was the first day of the rest of her life. It was change.

© 2009 Annique le Roux


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Added on April 13, 2009

Author

Annique le Roux
Annique le Roux

Pretoria, South Africa



About
I am a proudly South African girl, currently 18. I've been reading since I learnt how and fell absolutely insanely and crazily in love with writing at the age of 13. My ultimate goal is to write a nov.. more..

Writing