Book of Proton Series

Book of Proton Series

A Story by Nkosi Carter-Fisher
"

Freedom is an illusion, liberty is a lie. Fear is the prime source of control, faith is the blindfold to reality.I've seen but not shared, learnt but not taught.Beware the one who speaks in binary.

"

Book of Proton

 

   Every new day seemed like a restart from the last one. Nothing was natural in is world, from the artificial sunlight to even the atmosphere, the taste of Mother Nature’s love wasn’t there to be found. In this particular morning, a small child looked up from her little desk in a sloppy state. This juvenile wasn’t someone who has the pleasure of a night’s slumber but rather remained awake to observe then the scheduled ‘days’ were always off by one or two minutes at a time.

   It was something abnormal for girls of her species but no one seemed to take note of it. For the next twenty minutes or so, the girl would just stare at her refection and take note of her purplish hue liquid-like hair. She would then slip on her black school dress and help herself to a small Blue fruit before the doors would open to allow her to leave the dorm.

   It wasn’t until almost last minute her roommate would also prepare herself for the new school day. This child was only a bit shorter but had a much healthier and energetic glow that fit perfectly with her crimson tone. The two children stood like two halves of a stable entity but like a Yin and Yang but a proton and neutron. This was their names; the first, purplish girl was referred to as Xiǎo (Quantum) Proton while her roommate was Xiǎo (Nuclear) Neutron.

   “What were you studying this time?” Neutron as she was best referred as questioned as slipped on her uniform.

   “False Vacuum, an interesting topic,” Proton replied to her just when the doors were remotely unlocked, “You should read on it.”

   The children headed their separate ways once the door was opened as repeated every day. Neutron would go her way and Proton would go hers. School was something important to her species although they only spend one day every week in actual classes; most of their time is spent freely. This isn’t due to the lack of school resources or anything of that nature, there simply isn’t a reason to rush into anything, especially if they live for millions of years.

   So throughout the day, there weren’t any classes but there was work. Proton spent most of her time in her mother’s office as an accomplice like she does almost every day but she’ll return to the school grounds during the recesses.

   “Remember Xiǎo Proton, a Quark’s purpose is to discover the secrets of reality. Unlike the Lepton brutes who know nothing but physical conflict,” her mother would constantly repeat to her casually.

   “Yes mom we’re the brains of the Jīběn lìzǐ,” Proton replied to her mother, “Say, is it possible that I have the evening off?”

   “We’re visiting the Werewolf outposts later, why would you want to miss this educational opportunity?” Proton Prime, her mother interrogated sternly.

   “I just thought I could use a break… please?” Proton replied nervously as she tried to convince her mother.

   “Fine, just this once,” Prime replied as she typed on her computer to call one of her employees.

   When Proton’s mother was doing work with her employees, it was important that she stayed out of her business for whatever reason. Respect was something she had for her mother, not a maternal respect or love, but rather, it was like a student’s respect for a teacher. The word ‘mom’ just really just a word for the child, it didn’t have a special meaning within her soul.

   “You called for me, Proton Prime?” a person of the same species as Proton and her mother questioned.

   Unlike Prime and her daughter who were Quarks, this person was a different race within the same species, a Boson. The Boson had no similarities with the two Quarks at all however as his entire body was contained within a metallic suit. 

   “Yes, Z-Boson, I need you to fire K�"xuéjiā (Star) Delta DDD for me,” Prime replied casually.

   “But why, the scientist is a senior, he’s been loyal to the Quark Unit since the very beginning…” Z-Boson replied to Prime in a curious tone.

   “Exactly, he has some benefits coming his way if not terminated, so fire him,” Proton Prime replied to him, not get to it.

    It wasn’t until a few short more hours when Prime was walking with her daughter through the Quantum Centre did she hear her name from the far distance. When the Quark turned to the direction of the sound disturbance, she saw the very same person she ordered to be dismissed in a panic. K�"xuéjiā Delta had hurried through the hallways right until he was under her presence. His expression was filled with both confusion and desperation as he tried desperately to make sense of what happened to him.

   “My Prime, I was just fired from my position as Head Scientist!” K�"xuéjiā Delta quickly said to her in a panicky state of mind.

    “No… how Star?” Proton Prime replied in a deceitfully surprised tone. No one truly knew what went through the Quark’s mind but the few who had a clue didn’t dare to question it.

    “Z-Boson just dismissed me, he didn’t even tell me why,” Delta replied.

   “Well that Z-Boson is going to have a very bad time,” Proton Prime replied before she pulled her daughter out of the hefty building.

   “Thank you my Proton, I know you can do something.”

   A sinister and cunning smirk ran across Prime’s faces she began to walk through the streets with Xiǎo Proton. The two looked exactly like each other with only the spell of age as the source of any physical difference between them. In fact, they were exactly the same; Xiǎo Proton was exactly like her mother both physically and psychologically.

   “Did you see what I did Quantum Proton?” Proton Prime said to her daughter, “That’s how we keep control.

     Z-Boson’s the fall guy, he gets the heat, I pretend to fight for Delta,  I’ll give it a week for him to get distressed and at the right moment and with a lot of ‘personal hardship’ I was only able to secure a Supporting position for him that’s high but not has high as he was. Not only would he accept the offer, but he’ll be so grateful that no one is the wiser. I’ll be a hero, and the Quark Unit will save thousands on a scientist. You got that?”

   “Yeah, it’s sort of like controlled supply and demand right?” Proton questioned curiously.

  “Oh really, explain?”

   “When people go through tough times, they naturally crave some form of hope; if you supply it, and they’ll buy at any cost… they’ll give you faith.”

   “Brilliant.”

   It wasn’t until the end of the day that Prime’s lessons began to show within her daughter. What many didn’t quite know was Xiǎo Proton’s role within the Quark Unit. As part of the jobs her mother gave her, Proton was responsible for the state of the Quark’s controlled planets, the planets that hosted intelligent life. Rather they were handled with care was up for debate but as insured, nothing happened without meaning.

   “Proton, the pirates attacked the Werewolf packs again… they’re starving,” Neutron said to her as she began to read at Proton’s papers.

   “I know that, it’s been happening for many planetary cycles.”

   “I should but not now, they can wait.”

   “Wait for what? They’re dying…”

   “Yeah, and they’re filled with hope. By letting the pirates steal, we’ll be the heroic Gods who save them just enough to keep their faiths high. When we control their hopes and faith, we control them and no one would be the wiser,” Proton replied, “They worship us just to stay alive, and it’s just religion.”

 

 

He who gives desperate people hope can steal their freedom

 

 

           01010000 01110010 01101111 01110100 01101111 01101110 01110011 00100000 01100001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01000101 01101100 01100101 01100011 01110100 01110010 01101111 01101110 01110011 00101100 00100000 01110000 01101111 01110011 01101001 01110100 01110110 01100101 00100000 01100001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01100111 01100001 01110100 01101001 01110110 01100101 00101110 00100000 01010100 01110010 01110101 01100101 00100000 01011001 01101001 01101110 00100000 01100001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01011001 01100001 01101110 01100111 00100000 

                                

 

 

© 2016 Nkosi Carter-Fisher


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

91 Views
Added on October 22, 2016
Last Updated on October 22, 2016
Tags: religion, science fiction, racism