Perfect Day

Perfect Day

A Story by That Would Be Me
"

Just a little musing of mine for an ELA Essay.

"

It has been proven many times that people are incapable of total perfection. So how should I, or anyone else determine the “perfect day”? Or perhaps in a “perfect day” we become “perfect people” and we spend the entire day committing acts of kindness and generosity with enormous amounts of success. Or perhaps people’s lives are imperfect for a reason and in a “perfect day” you are filled with the courage and resilience to overcome any obstacle and come out better for it.   Maybe a “perfect day” is filled with magic and the supernatural that you would not experience otherwise. Perhaps we are looking for happiness. That is, maybe everything done in this so-called “perfect day” would fill you with joy. Perhaps everyone has their own definition of “perfect”. As a human, I wouldn’t know.

In a perfect day, would it not make sense to become the ideal person? You would become compassionate, generous, beautiful, successful, intelligent, noble, benevolent, orderly, perceptive, and creative at astronomical levels. Everything people value in a person, and everything that makes someone a good person would become highly evident and make your life and everyone around you happier. Not a single disloyal, immoral thought would cross your mind and the people around you would never dream of attempting to hurt some one who is so utterly kind to them. Wild prosperity would embody everything you did and you’d be charitable enough to share your well-being. For your entire day, you would be a model to everyone around you, and even yourself. It would probably change the rest of your life as you base it off that perfect day. A day as a “perfect person” would be absolutely wonderful.

However, there may be a reason that none of us our perfect. If everyone was perfect there would be nothing to improve upon and we simply did not evolve to be perfect. We evolved to survive. Yet there is something in the human nature that will always strive for perfection. We endeavor to continue, yet sometimes the obstacles know down our will. Perhaps in the perfect day we become totally irrepressible. Every obstacle thrown at us would miss as we leaped and dodged nimbly. Not only would the obstacles fail to knock us down, but we would come out better people. We would become so good at eluding certain obstacles that avoiding them would become automatic. With every obstacle evaded, we would become more and more “perfect”, in a sense. Therefore, perhaps the perfect day for humans is growing the ability to become more indomitable, and henceforth becoming more perfect.

Perhaps a “perfect day” is filled with things that an “ordinary day” wouldn’t have. If suddenly you had magic, or superpowers, or were enlightened on the secret trappings of the extramundane world. Or perhaps you go on a wild odyssey straight from the pages of an adventure novel. If you somehow discovered your superpower or were recruited into a spy organization, just like your favorite book. I would call that a perfect day.  Excitement and thrill might fill some people’s perfect day. The extraordinary jolt from the monotone of everyday life would be the perfect way to turn life around for any unhappy soul. Anything out of the ordinary, or exciting could give a new feel to the most boring day.

Then again, the day any human would enjoy most would be filled with joy and happiness. Everything would cause immense happiness and joy. You would notice the good in everything and anything that would happen. Even if you spilled your milk, for example, you would be delighted by the shapes and colors the spilt milk created. Perhaps what gives the most happiness to one person, however, may be different for another. In the same way, the one person’s definition of a perfect day would be utterly different than any one else’s.

What is my definition of the perfect day? Personally, success in whatever endeavor I choose is my idea of perfection. That is, in my perfect day I would want everything I did to be completely triumphant. All my work would end in flawlessly amazing products. Perhaps I would discover a cure to cancer, or invent a self-heating coffee cup, but no matter what I chose to do, the ending product would be absolutely perfect. You see, a day spent without accomplishing anything is to me a day totally wasted. A day spent in an undertaking that ended in failure, would not be completely wasted, but disappointing and time-consuming, nonetheless. Therefore, a day ending in success would be my idea of a flawless day.

Of course, as many have shown, it is impossible for humans to achieve absolute perfection, we still strive for perfection.  It’s possible a “perfect day” is when you become a “perfect person” and all you do is kind and good.  It could be a “perfect day” is the point when you have the ability to overcome all obstacles and come out the better for it.   Maybe a “perfect day” is filled with extraordinary excitement that you would not experience otherwise. For all we know, “perfection” is utter happiness and a “perfect day” fills you with ecstasy. Though I was not able to define a perfect day, I am sure a day ending in absolute success is close enough to perfect for me. 

© 2011 That Would Be Me


Author's Note

That Would Be Me
I'm looking for criticism!

What's your definition of a perfect day?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

WOW amazing!

Posted 12 Years Ago


to give love and have it given back. to have peace. to keep hope alive.

Posted 12 Years Ago


perfectly written
congratulations on that

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 14, 2011
Last Updated on May 14, 2011