The Dim Light

The Dim Light

A Story by Just some guy
"

What happens when your light has been dim for so long that only one thing/person can brighten you again..

"
The Dim Light

Once upon a time there was this little cell phone. It wasn't an iPhone wasn't a galaxy, it was a simple little beat up phone ... Well this phone had no charger, which is a problem because phones with no chargers usually...die. so in order to prevent himself from dying he would revert to dim to preserve his battery... So every day this phone would see all these other wonderfully lit phones attached to beautiful chargers while he had none for himself. Until one day he met the most beautiful charger he had ever seen. This charger was everything this little dim phone had ever wanted, and he knew that only this charger could make him bright again. So the phone took its chances. After spending amazing times with the charger the little phone began to fall so deeply in love with his that he slowly became brighter and brighter and before he realized it, he was just as bright as all the other phones. The little phone had been dim for so long that it thought maybe it was his turn to become bright and stay that way..So he risked it all and asked this beautiful charger to charge him...But the problem was that the charger didn't want to be plugged into the phone. "You are a great phone..." said the charger as she was starting to explain, all the while the little phone began to become dimmer and dimmer. He had become so bright with hopes that she would say yes and become HIS charger....but in the end he just wasn't good enough of a phone to charge...his brightness was wasted his battery became really low ....and know what eventually happens to phones without chargers....

© 2015 Just some guy


Author's Note

Just some guy
Sorry for the feels .

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Dam bro, I really enjoyed this short story and I'm not just saying that.
It thought it was quite clever to write about not being loved back with a phone and a charger.
Thumbs up!

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 15, 2015
Last Updated on June 15, 2015
Tags: Dim, light, the, phone, charger

Author

Just some guy
Just some guy

Norfolk, VA



About
Nothing special haha. more..