Louie's Escape

Louie's Escape

A Story by NoblePariah
"

Two dog's try to escape their captor.

"

     Louie watched Tall Man walk over to him and he whimpered lightly. He had seen the man take his friends away behind a door, but they never came back. He heard Princess, his litter sister, bark once defensively.

The man slid a food dish into the cage, before walking over to Princess' cage, with a small smile. “Looks like it's your lucky day, Princess,” he said.

      Louie recognized the motion he made towards the cage door and protective anger began to spread. He would not take her. He alternated between a growl and a bark, knocking against the front of the cage.

      “Calm down, Louie! I'll be back for you in a bit.” Tall man said, grabbing one of the steel chain leashes on the wall.

      Louie didn't understand the man's words, but he redoubled his efforts as the man closed in on the cage, with Princess whimpering in the back of it. He began chewing on the bars of the cage door, twisting and ripping his head in an attempt to get it open.

      The man opened the door and reached inside for Princess, with a clip on collar spread out between his hands. She moved as far back into the cage away from him as she could, but soon ran out of space. In fear she lashed out, biting his hand and pulling back her head as she growled in warning of further attempt.

      The man retracted his hands, surprised at the sudden attack. As he did so, his leg hit the lock mechanism, releasing Louie, who immediately threw himself at the man's ankle. The man fell backwards with a howl of pain giving Louie and Princess the moment they had needed.

       They ran in the opposite direction of the door, too afraid of what would be behind it. As they ran, they came to a different door, though as soon as they reached it, another man opened the door.

      “Wha-” he began, as he reached down in an attempt to stop the dogs. They were too fast for him however, and they ran between his legs and into the crisp night air beyond the door.

      They ran through the parking lot as fast as their legs would take them, enjoying the new variety of smells and sounds that they were newly experiencing. They let out a series of energetic barks as they ran around the parking lot, looking for a break in the wooden fence. They soon found one and ran towards it, parallel to the side of the building.

They past the front of the building and Louie sprinted into the street. A loud noise sounded from next to him causing him to look to the side as a large car barreled towards him. He heard a screeching sound and ran straight ahead, and into a car coming from the other side. He felt the impact as his body slammed onto the ground after spinning through the air.

      Princess ran over, nudging him lightly as they whimpered in unison. The cars had stopped moving now and the doors were beginning to open. Princess laid down next to Louie and growled at anyone who dared approach her wounded friend. She nudged him again with her nose as his breathing became more shallow. Then it stopped entirely.

The man driving the car that had hit Louie got out and said, “Oh my god! Honey, call a vet I think we hit a dog!”

      A voice from inside the car replied, “they should have a doctor in that adoption center across the street! I think it's no kill, they usually have a vet on hand!”

© 2013 NoblePariah


Author's Note

NoblePariah
I know it's not great, I'm gonna re-write it, but any opinions always welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

No it's not great. But it's good. I almost didn't read it because it was abut dogs, and I avoid those stories because I'm afraid they''ll turn out badly. But I saw your name on it., and of course I had to read it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


NoblePariah

11 Years Ago

Thank you, I'm currently writing mostly sad stuff in an attempt to get better at it, so I figured a .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
1 Review
Added on April 12, 2013
Last Updated on April 12, 2013
Tags: sad, twist, dog

Author

NoblePariah
NoblePariah

About
I am a writer trying to better myself in the craft. I'm 22 and in college, pursuing a degree in creative writing. Please don't add me and send me a read request without reviewing a piece of my work. .. more..

Writing
Harmonicas Harmonicas

A Story by NoblePariah