Silent hill drabble (Self Realization)

Silent hill drabble (Self Realization)

A Story by Niámh McCormack
"

My little piece on silent hill, I'm absolutely infatuated with the game series, Read to find out more :)

"

As you all know I am infatuated with Silent Hill, And if you don't know that, We probably aren't friends :(, But yes this is basically a little fan piece hope you enjoy. (Y)


Xavier's eyes fluttered open. He rubbed the tiredness from them and stared at the ceiling with his distorted vision. He reached to the side table, retrieving his glasses and placed them upon his face. Regaining sight he adjusted himself into a sitting position, slinging his legs over the side of the bed and standing to his feet, Xavier slowly began to walk through the bedroom door to the narrow dimly lit hallway. Something didn't feel right; a chill in the air followed by the grotesque smell of rot and decay.


Xavier placed his hands on each side of the hallway walls slowly making his way to the living room of his small one bedroom apartment. He turned left and looked in awe at the overlapping chains on his door. Dozens of them fully equipped with several pad locks to ensure there was no escape. He began to hear an overwhelming ringing noise singing throughout his head as crimson liquid slid down his earlobes and over his neck lapping over his skin. Xavier wanted to scream, shout, do anything noise related to attract attention, but he sort of just accepted it falling to his knees then followed by him smashing his face off the ground with a rancid crunch and more crimson seeping all over the floor and his features. He fell into unconsciousness allowing this sinister feeling consume him, finally meeting his fate. Xavier awoke, struggling to regain his breath. He felt as if both his lungs had collapsed, gasping and wincing for a breath pathetically to no avail, He slowly stood to all six feet attempting to maintain his balance. Feeling dizzy and baffled, Xavier dragged his bare feet along the carpet with difficulty in the general direction of the sofa. He flopped down upon it, laying back and resting his head upon the arm of it closing his eyes then opening them briefly three seconds later, revealing his once beautiful and full of life ice blue irises riddled with veiny red lines of bloodshot and despair, as though he had finally let go of everything that ever had meaning in his life. Xavier ran a hand through his sweat matted, long jet black hair sighing and used all his strength to stand and walk towards the front door. He opened his eyes wider the closer he got, not believing the sight of his whitewash painted door, perfectly intact with not a single chain upon it. "It...can't be. I'm not crazy," he thought to himself beginning to break down slowly. A single tear trickled down his porcelain white skin to his chin and falling upon the ground with a barely audible dripping sound.


Xavier placed his hand upon the door knob and, twisting it swiftly, he then pulled the door open flinging it against the wall effortlessly. He walked normally now to the hall still half dressed and bare footed due to him not getting arranged after his slumber because of the previous events. Xavier figured if he was going delusional he may as well act like it. He arrived at the door to the stairs and walking down three flights to make it to the lobby. There was that strange familiar feel in the air now. He knew it all too well now, smelling something that could only be described as death. Like a warning to cautiously explore, Xavier eyed the exit door. Confused now and his eyes now darting all over the room taking in the surrounding area, "THIS ISN'T REAL!!" he shouted with a husky deep voice. He did not recognize this place. The walls plastered in dirty peeling 50s style wallpaper and strange decor. The floors were absolutely filthy with strange stains he cared not to think about. Xavier couldn't look at the scenery anymore. He had to get out of there and had to regain his mind. He ran to the lobby door now and, pushing down the exit bar, he escaped and continued to run out into the streets. Xavier shivered as his bare feet came in contact with the cold ash coated pavement.



Xavier looked down the street facing him, not recognizing what his eyes were showing him. The sky a gloomy grey and the street’s end barely visible layered with a thick cloud of fog, Xavier held his hand out and collected a few flakes of ash in his hand as it fell from the sky. Then, rubbing his fingers, blackness covered most of his hand. The street he was currently in had a few banged up and broken down cars. This assured him he couldn't just drive out of here and would actually have to explore this deranged place to be able to ascertain where he was. Xavier began to walk towards where the pavement bent to meet another road. Taking a turn and exiting the street, he found himself on an even longer making it all the more difficult to see ten feet in front of himself. He could make out a few shops and houses. One in particular caught his eye and he made his way towards it. The house had a door that was coated with a shiny black varnish. He flung open the gate which reacted with a gut wrenching screech and walked up the steps meeting the door face to face. He noticed a silver plated thirteen upon it and placed his hand upon the handle.


Then looking around observing the view, he questioned the poor state of everything else in comparison to the immaculate door. The ramshackle fencing and garden decoration, the malnourished garden grass and flowers lying in ghastly piles of grey and black decaying mess. Xavier also swore he saw a severed finger emerging from the dry soil six feet to his left. Though he brushed these thoughts away believing his mind was playing tricks on him, Xavier pushed down the handle and gave the door a gentle tap.


It opened slowly as if beckoning him to come inside. He entered the house right foot first. Upon entering the house, Xavier became immediately aware of a strange scent stuffing up his nostrils making him gag in response. His eyes began watering but he was becoming more intrigued. He followed the scent down a dimly lit hall into a room that appeared to have flesh like walls that oozed a crimson sludge like mess with veins pulsating on the walls that told him it was alive. In the middle of the room lay a small antique coffee table with a purple and black varnish coating. But it was what was on the table that caught his attention rather more than the table itself. Upon further inspection his hand glided over a beautiful dagger with a curved blade. Pressing a fingertip and gliding it along the blade his flesh separated. He had no reaction to this only to delve deeper. He was strangely enjoying the sensation as his blood began to coat the blade and slither down his fingers to meet his hand. The metallic scent began to bring memories of a time that once was; a place not of this world. Some consider it hell, but no to him it was paradise.

© 2015 Niámh McCormack


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love it. Two thumbs up and a high five. I love Silent Hill. I am currently making a Silent Hill piece, and since you like Silent Hill, would you like to help me out with it. I would love that.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

352 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 7, 2015
Last Updated on May 7, 2015
Tags: Horror, Strange, Silent Hill

Author

Niámh McCormack
Niámh McCormack

Belfast, Ireland



About
My name is Niámh, I'm Irish from Belfast, Northern Ireland. I have a real passion for writing but have never really had the opportunity to share it with anyone and get feedback, Hence why I've .. more..

Writing
Death Death

A Story by Niámh McCormack