A Pablo Picasso Mask

A Pablo Picasso Mask

A Poem by Noehm Strawhair
"

A tiny piece of the book I am working on, yet again...

"

They can just keep judging as they are now. Why would their words even bother a person who has surrendered to a reality he disagrees with?


That’s just part of humanity’s nature. Many of them use masks to cover what they really feel and think. Family, friends…they use false looks and words to make people see a totally different person from outside than in the inside.  It’s like instead of making a realist portrait of themselves, they paint a Pablo Picasso version. Why do they do that? That’s because we humans are afraid to get hurt. Words can hurt much more than physical brutality. That’s why we are always worried about thoughts that can convert to that lethal trigger to our spirits, in other words, how people see us. That girl can be an example. She hates alcohol and nightclubs. The smell of cigar always makes her cough. But even so, she still hangs out and does things she doesn't like to fit in and have an image which won’t be judged negatively. What benefit does it bring you to be popular? That is what she strives to be, but why? So she won’t feel lonely? So she can feel special or important? How can she possibly feelthat way if the people she hangs out with don’t even think of her that way?


Although it would be a great fallacy to say that absolutely everyone hides their true selves like that… if I ever meet a person that hasn't said a single lie about his or herself and has absolutely no fear of another person’s opinion about him or her… then I’ll truly be shocked. That would be a person that truly appreciates his or her true nature and has love for that truthful spirit.


If you analyze carefully your own situation, maybe you will notice that even parents can judge you crudely sometimes… or almost always, like in my case. They keep saying they want you to be “someone” in life and for that you have to work and study really hard, think about your future, earn money etc. When did that become an absolute law? Nobody can assure you that doing that can bring you happiness… and it should be evident, since a lot of people who followed those beliefs all their lives never really said or looked like they achieved it. Can money really bring true happiness? Or is it a profession, job? Nobody ever said working all day was obligatory. As long as you do everything according the law, have food and health, isn't that enough? I say doing what you want brings you happiness… as long as that which you want isn't intended to affect others… because, how can suffering or sadness of someone else magically create a positive feeling inside of you? I just don’t see the connection.


Many view conformism as a reproachable state and think that it represents an unenthusiastic or uninterested attitude towards life, but what is so wrong about, instead of having high ambitions all the time and struggle to reach them, be pleased with what you already have and enjoy it while living in a relaxed and peaceful manner? Can that be considered sloth? I don’t think so. It is just a different way to live. I can guarantee that there were numerous(and still are) persons that, blinded by the claws of capitalism, wanted more and more of everything every single day without obtaining satisfaction, and stayed that way until the end of their lives.

© 2013 Noehm Strawhair


Author's Note

Noehm Strawhair
Reviews more than welcome!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
Added on June 25, 2013
Last Updated on June 25, 2013
Tags: happiness, love, conformism, art, life, mask, society, friends, sad, night, paint

Author

Noehm Strawhair
Noehm Strawhair

Mexico



About
First some facts! -Proudly Mexican -Student -Comic, anime lover -Obsessed with meditation and the spirit realm If you wonder: What kind of person is this? Well, I wonder about that mysel.. more..

Writing