Friends Last Forever

Friends Last Forever

A Story by Kaya Adair
"

The story is about a girl who pushes her friend away and recreates their friendship.

"

Rachel and Mckenna are in the 7th grade and they are Irish twins. They were both born in the same year, 12 months apart. They had been friends since first grade and they did everything together. Rachel is a natural tan colored girl with brunette colored hair. She was a troubled child and Mckenna kept her hopes up. Rachel’s parents died in a car crash when she was two, ever since then she’s stayed in foster care. She has no other family members, other than her ill grandmother, who is in the hospital with severe bronchogenic carcinoma or as we all know lung cancer. Her parents were murdered, and no one wants to tell her that, but Rachel has already figured this out.

Her parents killer didn’t know that Rachel had come wobbling out of her crib into the driveway. They blew up the car right in front of her innocent eyes, terrified for the rest of her life and she will never step foot into a vehicle again. Mckenna is a pale white colored girl with bold red colored hair. She has no problems at all, she’s very curious and likes to be noisy in people's personal lives. That has always pushed her away from Rachel. Once again Mckenna’s been putting her nose in Rachel’s life, so much that Rachel snapped at Mckenna because  Mckenna made her blush while she was flirting with her crush, Dean. Rachel wanted to make up with Mckenna, she felt horrible for what she had done. Rachel did some planning and invited Mckenna over for a sleepover.

While Rachel was in the kitchen, Mckenna was in her room, waiting for her to bring back snacks. Mckenna looked around Rachel’s room noisily about what she had around, at her desk was a journal or was it? Mckenna saw it out of the corner of her eye, she rushed over and picked it up, her eyes filled with curiosity, she opened it. Not knowing that Rachel wasn’t only human, but was part witch. Mckenna was cursed to be part human, part werewolf, and part hawk for the rest of the day. As Rachel was coming back, Mckenna had super sonic hearing and could hear Rachel coming up the stairs, clip-clop, clip-clop. Mckenna freaked out and jumped out the second story window, not knowing she could fly she covered her eyes and started to cry. All of a sudden, just feet from the ground, she stopped.

She was frightened and curious why she hadn’t hit the ground, she looked down and seen she was hovering above the cement sidewalk. She landed gently, one foot after another, she felt a twitch, so she looked behind her and she freaked out, she had seen she had a beautiful set of wings connected to her shoulder blades. Mckenna felt something clutched in her hand, she looked down and seen Rachel’s journal, just sitting in her hand, waiting to be opened. Mckenna ran off, down to the square, she was exhausted, she stopped and sat on a blue wooden bench. She rested there for ten minutes and went off again. By morning she reached the Forest of Devastation, she went in, back to normal as could be, she built her home. She stayed in there for years, weekly she read out of Rachel’s journal, consuming all her secrets. Rachel’s journal was huge, it took Mckenna two years to read it.

The day Mckenna returned to town, everyone was surprised she was still alive. Everybody stopped and stared, not because she was alive, but due to the beautiful set of wings still connected to her shoulder blades. With the money that she had scavenged over the years, she went and bought a magnificent long ivory lace colored dress. She looked like an angel, and she set off to find Rachel’s true love. I guess friendship does last forever.

© 2017 Kaya Adair


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
Added on September 13, 2017
Last Updated on September 13, 2017

Author

Kaya  Adair
Kaya Adair

Iola



About
I'm a teenage girl who loves to write. I want to share my knowledge with the world. I also have tips for writing. I also am in newspapers and yearbook, so I will post pictures. more..

Writing
I am I am

A Poem by Kaya Adair