The Day Vaughn Died

The Day Vaughn Died

A Story by Kaya Adair
"

A man can have everything and then lose it like that.

"
   Vaughn died yesterday in his last car crash. On second and Main at The Louvre art gallery was a huge fundraiser to earn money for the homeless, and Vaughn thought those words would change his life. Dressed in his best suit he went in, and he was ready. He went in and hosted the event in the word of his homeless friend that died earlier that year. The fundraiser was a huge success and raised over $9,000. Vaughn was so proud and happy that he had helped the people who were homeless, he was so proud he even went out to play golf, he was a kind-hearted man and usually kept to himself. During the match, Vaughn had lost and he was enraged, he never wanted to see his friends ever again. He now has seventeen cats and four dogs, he was very lonely until he got them. Every night he sleeps with all his cats on his bed and all his dogs on the floor next to him. One day he ran out of animal food and had to go to the store to buy more. Vaughn ran into one of his friends on the way out and his friend asked where he had been all these years. Vaughn told him that he had moved out of town and he was only in town visiting his parents. He missed talking with his buddies, he asked if he wanted to get a drink later and catch up. That night they had the time of their life, they had everything they needed, alcohol, girls and each other. After hours of being there the bartender kicked them out, they had partied so much that he had no money to get a ride. Vaughn drunk as ever said “I’m not that drunk! I’ll drive to my place.” While backing out he almost hit homeless women. He felt bad and told her where to find the shelters that were built. He sped off without another word, he was so disorientated he drove into the other lane and hit head on with a Bud Light semi-truck.

© 2017 Kaya Adair


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on September 15, 2017
Last Updated on September 15, 2017

Author

Kaya  Adair
Kaya Adair

Iola



About
I'm a teenage girl who loves to write. I want to share my knowledge with the world. I also have tips for writing. I also am in newspapers and yearbook, so I will post pictures. more..

Writing
I am I am

A Poem by Kaya Adair





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5