Numb.

Numb.

A Story by NucleusOfARose
"

She couldn’t hold it in any longer. She was tired. She was sad. She was angry. --- A stress relief one-paragraph story.

"

Numb.

 

She couldn’t hold it in any longer. She was tired. She was sad. She was angry. Pulling back, she brought her fist up and smashed it against her bathroom door. Splinters flew, the weak wood half eaten by termites allowed her fist to go nearly completely through. The pain didn’t register, not even when she pulled her fist out, the wood catching on skin and slicing multiple cuts over her knuckles and fingers. She just hit the wood again. And again. By the third hit, the anger began leaving her. By her fifth hit, the tears had begun falling down her face. By her eighth hit, the pain began. By her tenth hit, she could see into the living room beyond and had to force herself to stop. She closed her eyes, breathing in the numb washing over her. Not bothering to spare a glance at the broken, tattered and bloody remains of her hand. Not caring to see the anguished look on the figure staring at her from the living room.



-NucleusOfARose

Sep. 06, 2016

© 2016 NucleusOfARose


Author's Note

NucleusOfARose
Please let me know what you think, ignore any grammar problems. Any and all tips/advice very much appreciated!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

79 Views
Added on September 7, 2016
Last Updated on September 7, 2016
Tags: one-paragraph, dark, sad

Author

NucleusOfARose
NucleusOfARose

Chancellor, AL



About
An amateur writer, here to meet new people, relieve stress, and learn some new skills! more..