Starbred

Starbred

A Story by Mary Heart of the Sea
"

This is something I wrote a few years ago, and I thought I would post it for fun. I have expanded on it somewhat, but don't quite have a solid plotline just yet.

"

The document cartridges, containing vital information on the ones deemed The Starbred; one of who occupied this room, were spread out all over the polished silver floor of the three story housing complex in a little seaside village just outside the major bustling city of Dervania on the planet of Eliat. The windows were left ajar, allowing the cold night air to creep through the linen curtains and into the dark moonlit room. The ICRAS (intercom radio alarm system) opposite the windows flashed red and beeped loudly, signifying the presence of an intruder. Chards of broken glass covered most of the floor, the full size bed in the corner, and the desk that stood beside it; evidence of a former struggle. Drenching the bed sheets, crimson droplets of blood leached through the white material, coating the walls and glossy flooring in a vibrant red. On the walls pictures hung in disarray at all angles. Pieces of a shattered computer were strewn all over the small space along with the remnants of a cherry wood table. A knife glistening in the moonlight was imbedded in the dark wood, fresh blood trickling down its shiny surface. Fragments of a shattered sword, covered with a viscous black fluid, pierced the metallic wall; where the ebony solution had begun to eat away at the partition. Papers flew about the room as a gust of wind indicated a coming storm. The sound of the sea could be heard as the crashing waves overrode the clatter of the roaring wind.  An echo of thunder rode on the violent breeze as large droplets of rain began to fall softly on the velvety grass below and commenced to trickle into the room through the gaping windows. The moisture quickly seeped into the linen curtains and mixed with the blood on the floor creating a small scarlet river that crept underneath the bed and bled through an open wooden box, which held the Starbreds hidden secret of his stellar genealogy and prophecy that dated back generations. The box was covered in bloodied fingerprints evidence of a desperate, last attempt to keep the secret hidden from the beast that had trashed the room. This secret could endanger the population to the consequence of his genetic makeup, which held a great power beyond all earthly proportions. The prophecy was only to be known by those who carried the light of the Star within them, a dangerous, deadly capability if not used properly. A flash of lighting broke through the darkness and lit up the room, casting the eerie shadow of a broken tree on the nearby wall, a prophetic omen of what was to come. As the storm died out an unnerving silence filled the empty, ravaged room, a silence so deep that it betrayed the daunting condition that the room was in, and the struggle that had occurred just hours before, which had left one of the victims struggling for their will to live.

© 2020 Mary Heart of the Sea


Author's Note

Mary Heart of the Sea
ignore grammar, I know it's probably bad. Just want to see what you think. I have never put any of my work online but I want ideas.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

12 Views
1 Review
Added on July 11, 2020
Last Updated on July 11, 2020

Author

Mary Heart of the Sea
Mary Heart of the Sea

Wesley Chapel, FL



About
Hi there! I have been writing since I was in middle school, quite a while back, if I might say. I love fairy tales and mermaid stories, as well as fantasy fiction and sci-fi. I am an avid reader and I.. more..