Dearth

Dearth

A Story by Nya Joy Simmons
"

I had to create this piece for Science.

"
DEARTH
By: Nya Simmons
___________________________________________________________

"Pisaza" I called. There was still no reply. I tried again, "Pisaza!" Still no reply. My lungs were beginning to inflate so I tried no longer. The (floockas) were growing cold and the pulp had settled at the bottom of the (grongrasa). She needed to come, I insisted. I figured calling her name wasn't doing it, so I said something else... "(Shazas)!!!" A petite head peeped out of the bedroom door and glared at me with big purple eyes. "(Asha), why didn't you just say Pisaza?" I laughed and seated her at the (choly). She was thirteen and growing small, she was almost smaller than me! Several of the other kids were the regular height, 2ft 1, but Pisaza was an astonishing 1ft 8!



"(Koozi Kasua)?" I asked. "Good." Pisaza picked up her (floockas) and put some Jasheex bacon on her plate. The room had grown silent except for the sound of munching and the little (kookas) scurrying across the ground. "(Pisaza)?" I murmured. She looked at me, "Yes (Asha)?" I had not yet spilled the news and my venture was approaching. " You will be alone for a while.I'm going with some of the other archeologists and anthropologists from Z.U.A( Zorr Universal Adventurers)@ to a planet called Dearth. We will be doing some cool stuff ok, it will only be for a while!" She stared at me silently with a semi-annoyed face. "(Asha), really?" I knew she was disappointed, very, but I had sworn to myself that nothing could stand between me and this once in a lifetime opportunity.



"Is the flock prepared?" General screamed. " Karisu!" He screamed again, this time louder. "Is the flock prepared?" "Karisu!" We proceeded onto the clogged and compact ships and buckled up. Two of my companions sat alongside me. Aquipo and Ewsatu, both with a child whom didn't quite like the idea of being home alone for any period of time. Ewsatu laughed, " Kasrt still thinks that there is Guploos in his closet!" I laughed along and then slowly drifted to sleep.



As my eyes opened, I peered out the large scuffed window and saw that we had landed on this unique planet. It was a blueish tint and very warm, almost warm enough to bake (sekiz) on. I stepped out of the ship and realized that is was floating above the surface. " Help me!" I screeched as I lifted a bit higher. "Help me!" I realized the general and other Zorranions along side me, giggling in unison. " This isn't ---" Ha! This was just how the gravitational pull was on this planet. It was a fun atmosphere, but I scurried off ready to get back to work.



The general yelled, "Are you ready," and we replied, "Karisu!" he glared at us as we stood in attention, "Did you hear me, I said are you ready?" We screamed, "Karisu!" he handed us each a microscope and a slide with a snip of plastic. We all began to look for what we had came here for, evidence of life. I headed in the opposite direction of a young (ek) named Deuis and began checking the sand. We were all still hovering but only a slight inch from the ground. I searched the ground and saw nothing. The grounds plates were cracked and blue light peered through. I very delicately lifted one of the plates. I was astonished at the sight!



There were several fossilized organisms in the rocks, probably thousands, maybe millions. "General, come here!" I waved him over to the incredible sight and his eyes grew seven times larger, " They seem to be new, fossilized at a maximum of 50 years ago. This is extraordinary Idplomquis!" General exclaimed. He and I picked up a piece of the hard rock and examined it. We brought them to the lab in the ship to determine what type of cell it had. As I peered at it under the scope, I realized the cells had no definite shape to them, which was already supporting the idea that these organisms had animal cells. It just as well had no chloroplast and  no vacuole!




The fossil was also very ruptured and seemed to have been through terrible trauma. "What could have led to the demise of these creatures General?" I questioned. It seemed to be that they had been killed off by a swarm off-- "Nafunackers." General insisted. "They were killed by an overload of Nafunackers! You see, they have small bites in them, these are obviously those of the human machine the Nafunacker!" I agreed with the general, it was that of the doing of humans, from earth! How could they!



I was back home and Pisaza was quite happy to see me. She of course had an overload of (sekiz) and (choota), but I was happy to see her all as well. Yet of course, I could not begin to think why humans would send such violent machines towards Darth. I wonder what else those Human Dwellers do, litter!

© 2013 Nya Joy Simmons


Author's Note

Nya Joy Simmons
So, some of these words I made up so don't mind them or grammatical errors. But do give constructive feedback on the overall plot and comprehension of the story!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

311 Views
Added on December 4, 2013
Last Updated on December 4, 2013

Author

Nya Joy Simmons
Nya Joy Simmons

Boulder, CO



About
"You have to be in the dark in order to see the stars." more..

Writing