People My Age

People My Age

A Story by Nykkiicia Cion

it almost appears as if we're being forced to do something...anything...to feel like there's sumthin goin on in our lives. people are marrying so rapidly around me...people i went to school with...and having babies left and right and i almost feel like they're trying to catch up...its like if u don't have a very good job then u need to get married fast or ppl will think there's nothing going on in ur life...so they get married and pursuant to that...go get themselves lil families, just like on tv!

i cant help wonderin if im strange cus im just 24 and these ppl are either my age or younger and i dont feel the need to get married right away...as a matter of fact, i just feel like im comin into my own and i want to enjoy life right this moment as it is...without responsibilities (well, those that a family brings, anyway)...so why are they behaving like marriage is being served at a soup kitchen and u have to fight for the last cup?

© 2008 Nykkiicia Cion


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I must say that I can totally relate to your viewpoints. I am your age and I am really just knowing me. I am examining my life and what I want . A family is great but its ok to wait.

Posted 16 Years Ago


you go girl!! voice those thoughts! Even though i have been married for almost two years i saw and am still seeing the same trend amongst friends that you are. A lot of my friends are on their second or third child, some are already divorced and we are all still in our mid 20's. I think our generation needs to slow down, or the divorce rate will go even higher.
thank you for sharing this!
laceyane

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

227 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 24, 2008

Author

Nykkiicia Cion
Nykkiicia Cion

Kingston, Jamaica



About
I try to be a poet. My writing is my therapy I think...it started to save me since I was 14 years old...and it hasnt lost its grip on me yet. I enjoy that I can share my mind with complete strangers a.. more..

Writing