Base story

Base story

A Story by Nyurah
"

This is a base story for a small walking simulator game. It's about Phebe, who does not remember the past couple of days and tries recalling the past by reading through diary entries.

"

Base:

Phebe, an aspiring writer, gets into a car crash which was fatal to her childhood friend, Evelyn. After waking up from the crash, she does not remember anything about the accident and tries to recall what caused the accident by finding and reading older diary entries, which are written by her different personalities who are inside of her. When finding all entries, Phebe finds out that her friend caused the car crash on purpose due to her jealousy towards Phebe.

Actual Story, 3 Act structure:

  • First Act: Phebe is finally done writing a novel they’ve been working on for a very long time, she contacted their new publisher to get things sorted out. Phebe is very excited about this and hopes that this will improve things for the future. Phebe always writes about her daily life in her diary, the personalities who live inside her also write in this diary.

    • Plot Point: Shortly after that, before the appointment with the new publisher, Phebe meets a friend from childhood, named Evelyn. Meanwhile, different personalities describe their own lives in the diary and also comment on the events of Phebe.

  • Second Act: Phebe and Evelyn decide to meet more frequently, and the characters find out they have to be around the same area when Phebe has their appointment with their new publisher. The personalities inside Phebe also meet the Evelyn or get a better understanding/view of her.

    • Second Plot Point: When Phebe and Evelyn traveled together, they get into a car crash and Evelyn passes away.

      • If you collect all diaries the player will know the actual reason:

      • Evelyn was mad jealous, and wanted to get rid of Phebe and caused the accident. Another personality figured this out and managed to save Phebe. (Protector personality route)

  • Third Act: Phebe comes home from the accident after being in the hospital for their wounds. She does not remember what happened or what happened days before the accident. Phebe decides to search for diary entries to find out what happened.

Media Res. (as in how the player will discover the story), 3 Act structure:


  • First Act: Phebe arrives at home after their accident from which they cannot remember anything.

    • Plot point: Phebe finds a note, which is a diary entry she found when entering the house. This note is written by one of her other personalities inside of he. (which the player does not know yet) The note is written on a day Phebe herself cannot remember. Based on this, Phebe decides to try and collect more diary entries to find out what exactly happened in the past few days.

  • Second Act: Player learns more about what happened in the days before the accident, and should also start realizing that the diary entries are written by personalities that are inside of Phebe.

    • Second Plot point: Character gets to know the reasoning behind the accident.

      • All entries: Protector personality route: Knows the true reason, Evelyn was jealous of Phebe, and wanted to get rid of her. Another personality found out and managed to protect Phebe in the accident.

  • Third Act: The player does know more about what happened while they were in their amnesia state.

    • All entries: Protector personality route: Is happy that they know the full truth and that they got saved, is also sad that it had to end this way. Stays home and edits their novel so it gets published.

© 2018 Nyurah


Author's Note

Nyurah
This base is written for a small walking simulator game. This is why I wrote the base in a 3 act structure, in both a chronical order and in an order viewing how the player or reader would experiment this story. Please let me know what you think of the story and if you have any tips to improve this :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

41 Views
Added on October 11, 2018
Last Updated on October 11, 2018
Tags: Base Story, 3 Act Structure, Memory Loss

Author

Nyurah
Nyurah

Enschede, Overijssel, Netherlands



About
Hi! I'm a third year gaming student, currently busy with my minor. For my minor I need to create a story, since I never wrote a story before, I'll post my drafts here in the hope to get some feedback!.. more..

Writing