Odeon

Odeon

A Story by Odin Maeselk
"

The story of the stranger

"

Chapter 1

The moon hung high in the night. It was a full moon and it’s light cast down on the forest while the stranger walked under it. He didn’t know who he was. He was naked and confused. He was barefoot and some would say he was lost, but he knew which way to go by instinct. The night was cold and he could see his own breath condensing in the air.

 

Owls hooed. The moss was wet and soft under his feet and the mud felt nice. He had just been borne in the forest and he didn't know what brought him to the earth. He didn't know anything. He didn't even have a name yet. He was the stranger.

 

He moved delicately through the forest. It was dark, but he could still see. He saw with his ears and felt with his eyes. A howl of wolves resounded throughout the mountainscape.  They sounded dangerous, but the stranger had no fears. He moved through the forest. Over logs and through brush. His feet gently finding their way over the terrain.

 

He was completely naked and shivering to death, so he sat down in the moss and it clothed him. He lay there looking up at the stars for hours wondering which one he came from. He stayed up all night and found that he didn't need sleep, only light and air. He stayed up all night and when morning came the birds woke him up with their song. The morning was warm and the sun streaked through the trees down onto him. He had never known morning or warmth or anything to be honest. The birds sat with him and he enjoyed their music.

 

He was done resting, so he journeyed on and by high noon he came to a river. He drank the water and felt revived. A doe came down next to him and drank the water with him as if they knew who he was. He didn't even know this himself. And so he made friends with the animals. Soon there were many of them. Deer, elk, rabbits and foxes. When he got up finally, they all ran away. He crossed the river and a path was provided for him. He felt good, but very lonely. He didn't know what was ahead of him or behind him because he didn't see anything yet and had no memory. He was kind at heart and he knew this was his virtue.

 

He came to a clearing and there was a large boulder in the center of it. He walked through the tall grass and came up to the boulder. On it was some weird text that looked like directions that he couldn't read. He was starting to get very confused and also lonely. He wanted to find someone like him.

And then smoke started drifting out of the forest, in the distance. He went towards this beacon. It took only 15 minutes to reach. And revealed to him was a cabin. There was a light on inside and a shadow moving about. He knocked on the door and a big angry looking fellow answered the door. The man looked down at him and scowled. "Who the hell are you! Get out of here, I have nothing for you." and the door was slammed in his face.

 

So he carried on. Luckily there was a road that lead out of the area, perchance to civilization, but the stranger knew no civilization. For people were not civil as he would soon find out. He got into town, completely naked and his hair long and perfect and there were people. Lots of them and they all stared, but he kept walking. There were big metal machines walking the same way and the wrong way as him, so he walked in the middle of them. Soon there were loud musical sounds that sounded nice to the stranger. The musical sounds came closer and soon he could see the machines that were making the sounds. The sound machines came up from behind him and tried to block his path but he moved around them. Another vehicle came up around the turned car and blocked his path properly. They grabbed him. He was confused but did not resist. They assulted him and shouted strange words at him. They looked mad, maybe crazy. The stranger spoke every language for he spoke the language of intentions and they were animals. Scared and fierce showing their teeth in what was called smilling.

 

They put metal around his hands and pushed him into the back seat of the police car. He was terrified, but learning fast. He already had all the words they shouted at him and so he already knew something. They drove fast. He didn’t know where he was headed, but soon  he was being pulled out of the police car and taken into an emergency room. He told him who he was and they didn’t believe him. No one would, but he was here to help. So they asked him what his name was and he said, “I have not a name yet.” And they asked him how old he was and he said this was his first day alive, so he was 1 day old. They said he looked 25 so they wrote that down.

 

He said he must connect the two world together and they patronized him and strapped him to a bed. He said he would cooperate and that’s all they wanted. They pumped chemicals into his blood and the universe restarted for he was the universe. He was reborn from that moment on and he knew it, but he also knew nothing and everything at once for his mind was blank.

 

The next thing he remembered was being in an intensive care facility, maybe it was the ER room. He had a visitor, but that made no sense as no one knew him, they only thought they did because their memories were made up as of a few days ago. The devil herself visited him. And tried to lure him from his path with her twisted ways and he did not oblige. His rules were different, but it felt nice and he liked it. She spent the night with him and he did not remember it, but he remembered how nice the human form was and how the touch of another person can be everything. They put fluids in his blood because they thought he was dehydrated and marked him down as Psychosis on their tables. The whole time they didn’t know he was fine. Exactly who he was meant to be. He was reborn and many more would be reborn on his journey.

 

He slept for many hours and many days passed. He remembered very little of it and everything was overwhelming. The next thing he remembered was the security guard that watched the door to the room. He felt much like a prisoner and no longer remembered his experience in the outside world. The man was nice. He was a black man. He would get him water, but in doing so he left his post, so the stranger started getting his own water to help out around the hospital.

 

There were other patients with him in the room. He was strapped to an IV which restricted his movements. His mind was reawakening, even though he did not know it yet. He did not know who he was or why he was sent here yet, so he just continued cooperating.

 

Until one day he was looking at he IV. It didn’t look like there was any fluids moving through the tubes, and it was loose, so he took it out. The nurse quickly caught on and told him that he mustn’t remove it. That his fluids were low. He didn’t understand, but abided by her wishes.

 

The security guard was getting better at his job now. Instead of leaving his post he stayed there all the time. Some people were approaching the door and he was way ahead of them. The door opened like magic and he said it was black magic. The stranger would remember this for years to come. He didn’t know if magic was real, but he felt like he must be magical. He would help cure people later, many of them, but no one would ever know it was him.

 

Eventually he was moved to another part of the hospital. He didn’t know the name of this one. One of the nurses transferred him by wheelchair. The stranger knew a lot by this point, but he was still asleep. He didn’t know he was asleep as his soul was still too knew, but soon enough he would wake up.

 

When he got to the hospital room he was still on an IV. His fluids were still low and he read on the bag that he needed potassium and salt to survive. He didn’t know this. He thought he was immortal.

© 2017 Odin Maeselk


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on June 2, 2017
Last Updated on June 2, 2017
Tags: fantasy, devil, angel, strange, love, death

Author

Odin Maeselk
Odin Maeselk

About
We at CryptoDailySquare would like to focus on covering sponsored posts and submissions within these topics:- more..