Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Through My Glass Eyes

Through My Glass Eyes

A Story by Oliviachesney
"

Told from the perspective of a young girl's stuffed unicorn.

"
YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!
YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!
I scream ,
although it seems to go
in her tiny ears ,covered by strands of her golden locks, and out it flows red,down her pale weak arm. The knife hits the floor!
She looks in the mirror; but it's the worlds mirror.
All she sees is split ends and thunder thighs!
Because that's all they want her to see, like the monsters under her bed, they wait!
Again I scream!
She can't hear me.
What now?
She used to be so small and innocent, I can remember when she would hold me close as she fell to slumber . I would keep all the monsters safely tucked away under the bed.
But she's bigger now!
She doesn't hold me anymore,and the monsters seem different, closer!
I can't protect her.
I scream again!
No luck,now,as she sits in a pool of blood, and tears stream down her soft,freckled cheeks,  I begin to wonder where it all went wrong, for her smile seems that of a distant memory, and the sound of her laughter , swallowed by deep, agonizing silence.
Oh how the silence burns.
She chokes and gasps on her own vomit, and says she feels nothing.
This world has numbed her to the feeling of pain. She sees the blood through her now blurry eyes , feels the tears run over her cheeks and down her neck, tastes the vomit in the back of her throat, and yet...still nothing .
Maybe she stopped being able to feel when the popular guy from school noticed her,when he held one hand over her mouth, the other moving slowly up her inner thigh and whispered "Who's go to believe you,or even care ".
Maybe it was the the day she watched as her father, walked through the cold ,dark doorway, to a place you would barely call home (or at least he couldn't)and never come back.
Or maybe the first time that person three desks back yelled "you're so weird why don't you go die".
Or,or maybe it was when she picked up the magazine, reading "24 WAYS TO BE MORE BEAUTIFUL". Which might as well have said,"Hey, YOU'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH, HERE'S HOW YOU CAN KILL YOURSELF TRYING TO BE LOVED BY LITERALLY ANYONE".
They say society killed the teenage .
They were right.
Now I'm being packed into a trash bags full of other forgotten plush friends,to be give to another love starved little girl.
You see, I failed,I failed her.
I guess my rainbow magic wore off, after many years of tight, suffocating hugs.
But,I stopped caring when society killed the little girl

© 2016 Oliviachesney


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
Added on October 27, 2016
Last Updated on October 27, 2016
Tags: #shortstory, #societykilledtheteenager, #youngwriter, #unicorn