Away With the Faeries

Away With the Faeries

A Story by Olwyn Crow
"

Dragons, faeries, knights, fae...with a twist...I hope Not complete

"

     ‘Fable Haven’ the fanciful sign read and Carter Harris had to laugh at what at the time he thought was an irony. He drove into what he expected; a small town, a town square type town, and town where everyone knows everyone. That had the possibility of making his job harder. Threatening and blackmailing someone in a big city was easy. In a small town like this though where everyone was known to their neighbour that could get complicated. Still, he wasn’t going to let that stop him; he’d worked too hard to back down now. He took note of quirky shops along the way, rolling his eyes. Silver Dragon Bookshop, Red Dragon Pub, and Black Dragon Occult Shoppe. He knew it wouldn’t be difficult to find them but he didn’t think they would make it this easy. He didn’t go looking for his quarry yet though. He knew he would need to take his time and play this right or he could very well lose his life. Instead he headed for the only inn in the small town. The Fairy Grove Inn. This town was definitely living up to its name. It was an inviting place anyways, exactly what you’d expect an inn in a small town to look like. He went inside to be immediately greeted by a squat, cheerful woman with grey hair. “Welcome to Fairy Grove Inn dear. I’m Martha, the owner.” “I’m Carter Harris and I was hoping to rent a room for a week, maybe more.” “That will be just fine dear and I have the perfect room. Just fill this out right here then I’ll take you right up.” So he did then the little woman led him upstairs to a nice little room with all the comfort he expected and more. “Breakfast is served at nine dear. Just ring if you need anything.” She then disappeared and Carter sat about putting his things away before looking out the window at his view. He could clearly see the Black Dragon Occult Shoppe which was fine for his purposes because the owner was his main target. First he needed to take notes though, learn his targets.

                                His first stop was the Red Dragon Pub. According to his sources the woman who owned the pub was the leader of the trio. They would do whatever she said regardless and she would do anything to protect them. The pub was of an Irish style with a modern bar. There was nothing like the things in most pubs. No TVs, no pool table, no karaoke machine but people seemed to be enjoying themselves none the less. That was another thing, for it being just after noon on a weekday the place was busy. He found a table easily enough which also seemed strange and a waitress was immediately there to help him with a bright smile on her face. “Hello, I’m Tina and welcome to the Red Dragon. I can tell this is your first time so I wanted to let you know the specials.” It was all traditional pub fare and he ended settling on fish and chips with a beer. The waitress disappeared as quickly as she appeared. He then looked around, looking for the reason he was here. She wasn’t hard to spot. A tall, busty woman with fiery red curls behind the bar. Her low cut barmaid costume didn’t leave much to the imagination. The thing that really told him she was who he was looking for was the amber eyes. Not a natural amber considering they almost glowed. She was obviously a strong woman, powerful and full of charm. With the way she was smiling at her customers he was sure she had no trouble charming some of them to her bed. His food then arrived and he quickly ate it. His goal here was to see what she looked like. In fact, today was to see what they all looked like. Once he finished and paid he made his way to the bookstore. It was everything you’d want in a bookstore. Two floors filled with all kinds of books, dark wood, and even a bookstore cat. He’d only been in the store a few moments when a tall, broad shouldered man came to greet him. Even though he looked no older than Carter, who was in his early thirties, his long hair was pure silver. His eyes were similar to the pub owners. Not in colour of course, they were sapphire blue, but in the fact they almost glowed. Unlike the woman he dressed conservatively despite his silver ponytail. “So we have a visitor in Fable Haven.” The voice had an Irish accent. “And what can I do for you?” Carter already thought of an excuse. “I’m interested in the history of this town and I was hoping you would have some books.” That was actually true. There wasn’t much information to be found on this place outside of it. Then man chuckled. It was a deep, rumbling sound. “That’s actually a very interesting topic, one people over the years have woven with myth but I do have some books you’d find interesting if you take them with a grain of salt and some humour. Come, I’ll show you where they are.” He led Carter upstairs. “I noticed a theme of names around here. It seems there’s a liking for dragons.” “It’s a family thing actually. My wife, Mora, owns the occult shop and my sister-in-law, Miriam, owns the pub.” Wife and sister-in-law? He hadn’t expected that. He hadn’t expected those sorts of ties. It would make his job easier than.

                                “Luv, why were you astral projecting into the bookstore earlier? Invisible?” Liam asked at dinner that night. “I was wondering the same thing little sister.” Miriam said over her beer. Mora raised an elegant black eyebrow, her violet eyes darkening. “Neither of you realized that stranger visiting both your establishments was a knight?” Complete silence as Mora picked up her wine and took a sip, waiting for the two to process this. Miriam was a first to speak, “But…there hasn’t been a knight since Camelot.” “That we’ve seen.” Mora countered. “I’m sure there have been many, just none that have been awakened to their purpose.” Liam spoke next, “Is he dark or light?” Mora shrugged, “He hasn’t chosen a side yet but he seems to be leaning towards dark. Interestingly enough, he thinks you’re the Queen dragon Miriam.” Miriam choked on her beer. “Hell no. That title happily belongs to you dear sister.” Mora chuckled at that, clearly knowing her sister’s opinion on being leader of their dragon clan. “He walked by my shop after leaving Liam’s and when he saw me his reaction was that I was probably the evil one out of the three but obviously the smaller, weaker one.” Now Miriam and Liam laughed, shaking the windows. Mora might be smaller but that in no way indicated her strength. There was a reason she was a dragon queen. As for evil, that was illogical. Yes she had black hair and wore all black but that did not indicate side affiliation. “Did you see what he was planning?” Liam asked and Mora shook her head, “He learned shielding and he has his plan hidden away. I would need closer contact to get passed them. I do know he does not realize he’s a knight even though he knows he has a Purpose.” “Well we’ve converted more than a few knights in our time.” Miriam was the optimist where Mora was the pessimist. “We’ve also killed more than a few we couldn’t.” Miriam grinned at that, teeth sharpening slightly, “Well if that’s the case then he’ll find out who the truly evil one is.” The three laughed again. Miriam wasn’t exactly evil but she had a fiery temper, pun intended, and she had never been fond of humans. “What are we going to do?” Liam questioned. “Confront him. It’s not only us he’s threatening but the town.” Mora leaned back in her chair still sipping her wine. “After tomorrow though. Tomorrow we enjoy ourselves then we confront him.” Tomorrow Liam’s band was playing at the pub and Mora would be dancing. Miriam could dance too but not the sort of dancing that went with Irish music. Miriam then finished her supper and got to her feet, “Well, I’m off. There’s a get together in the Hallow and I offered to provide drinks.” She kissed Mora on the cheek then Liam’s. “I’ll be out late.” She was then gone and Liam looked at his wife. “Well you heard her mo chroí. We seem to have the house to ourselves.” She gave him a wicked grin as she finished off her wine. “Indeed it does.” Then with every bit of grace she possessed she had slid out of her chair to straddle his lap, facing him. She ran her hands down his chest. “What are we going to do with ourselves?” His lips catching hers was the only answer needed.

                         Fire. There was fire in her veins. Blinding light filled her vision, a roaring in her ears blocked out all other sound, the fire cut off her breathing. She couldn’t breathe. Pain she hadn’t experienced in over a century lanced through her abdomen. Breathe. The word broke through her mind, she could feel it in her bones and heart. Breathe mo chroí. Then she realized this was a vision; she was having a vision. Once she realized that Mora was able to push herself out of it. The moment she was out of it she was flinging herself up in bed, gasping for breath. Then Liam was holding her, rubbing her back soothingly. She realized at some point she was crying but she was too focused on her breathing and the still lingering even if dissipating pain. Liam’s large hand ran over her hair as she clung to him. She briefly registered the bedroom door open before Miriam was at her side, placing a hand on her arm. “What happened? Your nose is bleeding and you’re burning up.” Liam quickly lifted her up and Mora reached up a trembling hand to find her nose was bleeding. She looked at Liam who’s face was lined with worry. “I had a vision.” She finally managed, “I couldn’t see or hear anything. I could just feel…burning through my veins and pain. I couldn’t breathe.” Liam had reached for a t-shirt, wiping the blood from her face then using his thumb to wipe away the tears. “I woke up to you not breathing. Your whole body was ridged, almost like a seizure.” She leaned against him, now completely exhausted. “I never felt anything like it and I’ve never had a vision where I couldn’t see something.” That had shaken her more than anything. “I think I was being blocked from seeing anything. I don’t know what could possibly manage that but it’s the only explanation I can think of.” She was really tired now, the vision seemed to drain her. She rested her head against Liam’s shoulder. “I need to sleep.” She murmured as her eyes slipped shut. Within seconds she was in blissfully empty sleep.

                       Liam’s concern grew when his wife so suddenly slipped into sleep. He placed a now glowing hand against her forehead but found nothing wrong, nothing to heal. “Nothing’s physically wrong and the fever is improving.” He readjusted her in his arms to where she was more comfortable before looking at Miriam who also looked worried. “I’ve never seen her have a vision like this. Have you?” Miriam nodded her head, “Right before we met you. Actually is was because of it we met you. I woke up to the bond telling me something was wrong like it did tonight. Father and Mother had too and when we reached Mora’s side she was struggling to breathe…choking on her own blood. Father knew right away it was a vision even though he’d never seen a vision do that and he used his magic to wake her.  The moment she was awake she could breathe again and when she spit out the blood there was no more. She was crying and shaking though; exhausted too. Father could only hold her until she fell back asleep. She was too upset to tell us anything at that point. Father stayed with her until she woke up but when she did she refused to say anything. Father finally convinced with no small amount of persuasion. That wound you saved her from when you first met us? She Saw that happening. She Saw herself taking it herself to save me. She Saw herself die. She didn’t want to tell us because she was worried Father would keep her out of battle and I would die instead. I’d never seen Father cry but that day he did because now he was basically having to choose which of his children. Mother being Mother wanted to keep us both hidden away until the trouble was over but Father knew things didn’t work like that. He knew he couldn’t stop Mora from trying to protect me. He did decide to risk calling the Healers in though which led you to Mora. You know the rest of the story.” He definitely did. There had been a war a few thousand years ago and while Healers usually weren’t brought in and put at risk this time they had been even though they had been kept hidden. On one of those days though Mora and Miriam’s father had sent urgently for one of them. Liam had volunteered to go. He had been taken to a woman with black hair dying of an iron bolt through the abdomen. No one else could touch the bolt but because of his abilities he was able to. Mora almost died that day but he was able to save. When she opened her violet eyes for the first time he knew he was in love. After she was back on her feet he began courting her and no one was surprised when a short time later they were married. “So the only reason I met my wife is because she had a death vision?” “Pretty much.” He studied Mora’s sleeping features for a moment, “Do you think she’s telling the truth about not being able to see or hear anything from her vision?” “Yes, she was too upset to have lied and you know she can’t lie anyway. You should get some sleep. I have a feeling we’re in for an interesting time.”

  The next morning was quiet at breakfast. Mora was still exhausted from the vision and deeply bothered by the fact she could see or hear anything in her vision. In fact, she wasn’t even eating; she was scrying and had been for the past hour. Finally Liam reached over and took the scrying stone, “Stop, you’re just giving yourself a headache.” He was right of course and the headache was getting annoying. Liam then placed the tips of his glowing fingers against her forehead, thankfully taking care of it. She gave him a tired smile. “Thank you luv.” She then sighed, “Somethings blocking me though and I don’t understand it. What could be powerful enough to block me? Nothing that powerful would be interested in me.” She had a point and if she was wrong then that was a frightening thought. There were of course many beings more powerful than Mora but most were benevolent. The ones that weren’t usually had bigger problems. If one was interested in Mora though…Well he just prayed to the Mother that wasn’t the case. “Come on luv, eat some breakfast. It will be a long day if you don’t.”

                          It was a long day either way but only because Mora spent most of it scrying and astral projecting to follow the visitor. Using the excuse of learning about the town he was digging up information on them. She tried to remember the last time they had bothered with a cover story. So she called Miriam, “I think twenty years ago. Is that too long?” “I don’t know. I’ve never been good with human time and no one here is much help. Too late now though. Oh I have to go. It seems I have a customer…apparently its my turn for a visit.” “Wait…he’s there…Mora…” She ended the call and looked at the gentleman. He was medium height with dark brown hair, grey eyes…nothing extraordinary but there was a hidden power there. One that he didn’t even know he had. “Welcome to the Black Dragon. I’m the owner Mora…but you already know that don’t you?” She wanted to see where he would take that comment. She watched him survey her, taking in the black dress, black nails, and dark lips. Both sisters were very attractive but while Miriam had an open sexual appeal with the promise of a fiery romance Mora’s was a dark seduction that promised terror for anyone weak willed. His expression turned sheepish that was obviously fake but she let it pass, “I guess you heard I’ve been doing research on the town.” “Small town. It’s impossible to keep anything secret. What can I do for you?” She could see Liam and Miriam coming towards the shop but she sent a mental nudge for them to stop. They did, even if reluctantly. “I heard you know a lot about the local occult sites. I was wondering if you could tell me about them.” Well that was an interesting request. “I could give you a tour if you’d like.” He looked surprised and suspicious by the offer but he couldn’t very well turn it down. “That would be great.” So she led them out of the shop, grabbing her shawl as she went and flipping the sign to closed. Liam and Miriam came over to her then, “He wants a tour of the occult sites.” Liam raised a silver eyebrow and Miriam laughed. “First though…Sheriff!” She called and a tall, slender man walked over, “What can I do for you Lady Mora?” He asked with a slight bow. “Oh I just wanted to let you know that Mr Harris here will eventually come running to you to warn that my sister, my husband, and myself are dragons.”  The sheriff looked at the three then Carter Harris, “Why are you here?”

                                Carter didn’t know what was going on. Obviously the sheriff knew who these people were but he didn’t understand how or why. The Mora turned her intense violet gaze on him. “You think you knew what you were getting into but believe me boyo, your imagination is not that good.” She them raised her hands and clapped her hands three times, the sound being louder and echoing more than it should. Then he suddenly wasn’t looking at a small, quirky town but well… “Welcome to the world of fae. You have been lucky enough to wonder into one of the openings to the magic realm.” Carter looked around in shock because she had been right, his imagination wasn’t this good. Everything was…what he would imagine fairy would look like. Every building had changed to something out of a fantasy book. He couldn’t explain what he was seeing but it was amazing. Even more amazing though were the people. There were obviously still some humans but a majority were not. The sheriff for instance was now an elf. High cheek bones, pointy ears, six and a half feet tall freakin’ elf. “There’s a reason this place is Fable Haven. By the way, you should get use to this place as long as you mean us harm. Sheriff, please escort Mr Harris back to the inn, maybe have Ms Martha make him a stiff drink. He looks like he could use it. Make sure no one harms him and he is allowed to wander freely.” The Sheriff bowed, “Of course Lady Mora.” Carter let himself be led through the town because his head was spinning with all the information.  Not only did he have no idea he was in fairyland but he was also confused about the dynamics of the three dragons. Mora was giving orders but that didn’t square. He wondered if that was cover to protect Miriam. That had to be it. Yeah he could use a stiff drink.

                            When Carter went into the pub that evening he was glad to see the inside was still the same even if most of the patrons were obviously fae. Just going back to the inn had been a shock but the again finding he had been staying in a tree with a plump little tree sprite for a hostess could throw anyone. When he entered the pub he was pretty much ignored except for someone taking his order. Everyone else’s attention was on the band playing which discovered was led by Liam who dressed in Irish peasant clothing and a bowler hat. Not surprisingly it was an Irish band and they were really good, He mostly ignored the music though as he ate, trying to focus on his plan. Things were definitely altered now that he couldn’t leave and he had tried. He wondered what was controlling the magic. Obviously Mora could access it but he doubted she was powerful enough to control it. Black dragons were supposed to be the weaker ones even though they had the ability of human transformation. He didn’t exactly know what Mora and Liam’s abilities were but he probably didn’t have much to worry about from besides the fact they were dragons. Miriam was the one to worry about. He knew she was a fire breather and would be the most powerful. It was why red dragons were the leaders of clans. Maybe he could make being allowed out of here part of his bargain. Dragons were bound to their bargains and wouldn’t be able to break it when things were said and done. He was annoyed when he was broken thoughts by cheering. Apparently the crowd was excited by the next song called ‘Star of County Down’. He realized why when Mora got on stage in a black Irish dancing dress. When the song started up she joined in with an Irish jig. She kept with the beat and when it sped up she did as well as she jumped to a table causing the crowd to cheer. She returned to the stage when the beat slowed and that’s when Carter noticed Liam watching Mora and the look in his eyes…well it wasn’t something Carter expected. The love there he couldn’t compare to anything he had seen before. Then the song reached a fast part again and Liam was dancing on the table with Mora. The crowd loved it and the loved it even more when there was a brief pause and Liam managed to give Mora a quick kiss. Carter then noticed Miriam who was watching the two with just as much love he saw shining in the couple’s eyes. He hadn’t expected this and he felt a pang of guilt for his plans. He pushed it away though because he had a job to do. Besides, if the cooperated everything would be fine. This was a job, not the time to let his emotions get in the way.

                                “So are you going to approach him or let him approach us?” Miriam asked the next morning. “Oh I think he’ll approach us. He has a revealing stone so he thinks he has the upper hand.” Liam and Miriam broke down laughing, “And he thinks it would be better to deal with us in dragon form? Is he suicidal?” Mora smirked, “I have a feeling what he really knows about dragons wouldn’t fill a teaspoon.” She said as she finished her breakfast before getting to her feet. The moment she was standing though pain lanced through her abdomen and suddenly she found herself thrown into the vision from the other night. It was exactly the same; she couldn’t see or hear anything and the only thing she knew was the fire and the pain. She fell into the vision and lost track of where she was. “Mora! Breathe Mora!” She tried to grab onto the voice, “Please breathe! Mora!” It was harder to get on then before and obviously worse because she could hear the desperation in Liam’s voice but it was still hard to get out. “Please mo chroí.” Those words were quiet but that was what gave her the ability to get out. Her eyes flew open to find black spots in her vision and she discovered it was because she wasn’t breathing. “Damn it Mora breathe!” Okay if Liam was cursing it was bad. Suddenly the bands around her chest released and she took a gasping breath. With the first breath her head cleared and she was able to feel Liam’s arms around her. “You’re alright, you’re alright. Just focus on you’re breathin’.” Okay it was really bad when Liam’s accent was as strong as it was now. It took a full minute to get her breathing back under control. By the time she did she was shaking and covered in a cold sweat. Blood was dripping down from her nose again and she knew the fever was back. She managed to look up at her husband face to see tears on his cheeks and fear in his eyes. Then Miriam was reaching over, cleaning the blood, sweat, and tears from her face. Miriam’s hand was shaking. She wanted to comfort them, tell them she was okay because she hated seeing the worry and fear but she was so tired. It was an effort to just keep her eyes open. “Sleep mo chroí. Let yourself rest and we’ll talk when you awaken.”

                        Mora slipped off to sleep within seconds and Liam easily lifted her into his arms, carrying her to their bedroom. Once Liam lay Mora out on the bed he took a shaky breath as he scrubbed a hand over his face. “What do we do?” He finally asked. “I think its time we send for Father.” Miriam decided, “This is getting worse and I don’t know if you were paying attention at the time but I felt the power around this place fluctuate. If her magic fails we’re all in trouble.” Liam agreed. “He might be able to call her out of the visions faster then I can if she has another. It worries me that this one was so much worse than the first.” Miriam nodded her head, “And she was so drained after. I’ve never seen her like this.” Mora was powerful. She kept this town protected under a strong guise 24/7 without a second thought so for something to drain her like this was frightening. Miriam then left to summon the sisters’ father and Liam set down on the bed next to his wife. She had bruises forming around her eyes from the tension the vision caused so he ran glowing fingers over them until they disappeared. He then started stroking her hair as he worried. Mora was his world and he didn’t know what he’d do if something happened to her. About then Miriam entered the room, taking a seat on the edge of the bed. “He should be here in a couple of hours. He could sense something was wrong and was already on his way. How is she?” “Same as last time. No real damage, just exhausted. Her energy is still low because I can still feel power fluctuations.” “Me too but they’re getting better. This has to have something to do with the knight.” Liam sighed, “I know but you know Mora won’t allow us to do anything unless he does something that qualifies under the law for punishment.” Because Mora was the Dragon Queen they could not go against her Will. It was rare she bound them to an order because she believed in free will but on this she had always been firm. She had reason of course, killing a human without provable cause could start a war and wars were costly. “We’ll leave it to Father when he gets he. He’s not bound as us and he’s more…subtle.” Being the previous Dragon Lord, Cadeyrn could do as he wished. He was also an ancient and powerful dragon who could do things quietly and without notice. Cadeyrn was very protective of his children but especially the two sisters. Miriam was the first born with the ability of human transformation and Mora was the first and only born with all his abilities so he held a special fondness for both of them. If they were being threatened he would take care of it without hesitation. Miriam reached over and ran her hand down her little sister’s cheek. “I need to go to the tavern for a couple of hours. If he gets here before I get back call me.” She kissed Mora’s cheek then Liam then she was gone. He reached over and took a hold of Mora’s hand. It was so small in his large one. It always amused him how deceptively small and fragile his wife looked. Her father was a mix of blue and black and Mora inherited the small size of the blue. In reality she was anything but fragile. Her magic, both natural and learned was formidable. She took her innate talents and went more into the occult. She could hold her own in a heavy weight match. He had never seen her as fragile until today. He would never tell her that of course; he valued not being turned into something covered in slime. He smiled slightly as he ran his fingers over her wedding ring. They had matching claddagh bands forged over a millennium ago by fae. Their wedding was still one of his fondest memories and he still loved her just as much, probably more. He pressed the back of her hand to his lips and held it there, praying to the gods they’d figure this out in time.

                                   “Mora! Miriam!” That was Cadeyrn. “Upstairs in the bedroom Cadeyrn!” Liam called and a few moments later the black haired man came through the door. He was definitely where Mora got her looks, the only difference was the elder dragon had dark blue eyes. His dark eyes landed on Mora, showing extreme worry. “She’s not hurt, just drained.” Cadeyrn placed a hand on his daughter’s forehead, briefly closing his eyes. He gave a deep sigh when he reopened them, “Unfortunately she wasn’t lying when she said she couldn’t see or hear anything in her visions. Something…very powerful is blocking her.” He looked at Liam, “Something fae.” That sent a jolt of fear through Liam. “Summer Court.” Cadeyrn frowned, “Summer Court? How is she involved with them?” “Territory war a few hundred year back. The king claimed this was his territory even though by the accord it was free. You know how Mora works.” The father sighed, “Despite being queen my daughter has never been much of a diplomat. I was glad when she married you.” “Aye, well this time I wasn’t much use. The Summer King is a misogynistic b*****d and you know where she stands on that. She verbally tore him apart in front of his court before proving Fable Haven was in Free Territory.” Cadeyrn sighed in frustration but there was some amusement there. “Mora has always been fearless but sometimes I wish she would show restraint.” “And what fun would that be? Besides, he was a prick.” Cadeyrn chuckled as he ran his thumb over her cheek. Mora smiled, placing a hand over his, “Hello father.” “Hello dear one.” He kissed her forehead, “How are you feeling?” “Tired but fine otherwise.” She still looked exhausted. “I’m going to go call Miriam. Let her know your father is here.”

                     After Liam left Mora levered herself up to lean against the headboard. Cadeyrn watched his daughter in worry. She wasn’t just tired, she was drained both physically and magically. He didn’t know what would happen if she had another vision. “What do these visions feel like?” He questioned, “Fire in my veins. It cuts of my breathing and the pain isn’t like anything I’ve felt in centuries. Its terrifying.” That was painful for the dragon lord to hear. He was protective of his children and to her one say they were terrified was hard. It was even harder because it was Mora. Mora and Miriam held a special place for him but Mora not just for her having his abilities. Mora came from the last clutch of his and his mates. They had reached an age that they wanted just raise the children they had. They wanted one more clutch before they stopped though. The clutch had been large, a full dozen. Then there had been a battle, a battle right in front of their cave. The clutch had been destroyed…except for one. Miriam had managed to save one and that one was Mora. It also explained why Miriam was so protective of her baby sister, He reached up, returning his hand to her cheek, “Oh a leanbh, please don’t be frightened. We’ll figure this out.”

                            Mora was getting frustrated. She had scryed three different ways, thrown her rune stones, and done tarot reading but nothing. She kept trying though until her head hurt too much. She collapsed on the couch, massaging her forehead. A few moments later Liam walked over, handing her a glass of red wine. When she accepted it he took the opportunity to place glowing fingertips against her forehead. Thankfully the headache cleared. She could now see the lines of worry on his face. “I’ll be fine mo chroi.” She assured, taking his hand. Liam smiled slightly, “I wish I could believe that.” “Dinners ready.” Miriam called out from the kitchen. So Liam pulled Mora to her feet, wrapping an arm around her as they walked.  When they reached the dinning room he pulled her chair out for her like usual then kissed her cheek after she sat down. After that a lively conversation started. The sister didn’t see much of their father because no dragon relished being away from their partner and Mother being a full grown dragon it was a bit difficult for her to come to town. “You’re not eating love.” Father pointed out midway through the meal and Mora looked down at he plate. Apparently she had just been picking at her food, “Guess I’m not all that hungry.” Father beat Liam in getting to her side, placing a hand against her forehead, “You’re putting most of your strength into maintaining the protection of the town. Let me take control.” She`let him without protest and it was the she realized how much strain it had been putting on her. “This visions have been draining your magic."

© 2020 Olwyn Crow


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

15 Views
Added on January 16, 2020
Last Updated on January 16, 2020
Tags: dragons, fantasy, knights

Author