3 Pros and Cons of Sectional Garage Doors

3 Pros and Cons of Sectional Garage Doors

A Story by Garage Door Vaughan
"

One of the most popular garage door variety is sectional doors.

"
One of the most popular garage door variety is sectional doors. Homeowners usually install them due to their stylish features, enhanced durability and easy to operate mechanism. Moreover, they also help in improving the curb appeal and resale value of a property with custom designs, colors and style options.

Since there are various residential overhead door styles available, one can choose any category that most suits his need and budget. Being a responsible homeowner, one needs to focus on various key aspects, before finding a high quality garage door.

All door categories come with respective pros and cons that may be limited to the material, mechanism, price or durability. If you are looking to install a sectional garage door, having proper knowledge about its advantages and disadvantages is extremely important to make a right decision.

Pros of Sectional Doors are:

1. Use limited space

These categories involve less space for installation, since they don't need any extra space for opening up. This makes them better choice compared to side hinged garage doors. They lack the swing out system that usually consumes space. Sectional doors open up vertically and suspend under the garage ceiling and therefore, are perfect options for smaller garages.

2. Visually attractive

Sectional doors are highly stylish and appealing compared to other doors. They are available in variety of designs, colors, finishes and materials.

3. Silent operation

These doors work very smoothly and creates less noise while operating. To maintain its silent operation, its advised to maintain and lubricate the door components regularly.

Cons of Sectional Doors:

1. Ceiling space

Since these doors slide on horizontal tracks, they tend to use some of the ceiling space. For homeowners, who utilize the garage space for storing the off season valuables and other items, this space consumption acts as a major drawback.

2. More bits and pieces

Residential sectional doors consist of many components and hardware parts. Due to more elements, their maintenance becomes necessary and difficult to do.

3. Cost

Sectional garage door installation in Vaughan is comparatively more expensive. These doors are itself costly and involve frequent maintenance that can turn out to be heavy on pocket.

These were the few advantages and disadvantages offered by sectional overhead doors. Choosing a right door category is a daunting task, since its installation is a long term and costly investment. Omega Garage Doors is a trusted garage door company in Vaughan that offers wide range of residential and commercial overhead door installation, opener repair, replacement and spare part services at affordable prices.

© 2017 Garage Door Vaughan


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
Added on January 10, 2017
Last Updated on January 10, 2017
Tags: Garage, Door, Repair, Installation

Author

Garage Door Vaughan
Garage Door Vaughan

Vaughan, On, Canada



About
Vaughan Garage Door Repair expertise offers affordable garage door installation, opener replacement & part services. Contact Omega Garage Doors Today. more..

Writing