Omnicron Saga

Omnicron Saga

A Story by Alex Wirtes
"

3 scientists who travel to a world where a certian rare element is abundant. From there on they get caught up in a lot of trouble and eventually lead up to the creation of The Forbidden World.

"

Authors note: Well this is where it all began. Everything that happens here is what leads up to the creation of the Forbidden World. I am especially proud of this because it was my first story idea I ever came up with on my own and certainly the most expansive.


Storyline:


Prequel-

The events of the prequel revolve around the origin of Omnicron and why he is what he is in the events of Omnicron Saga I, II, & III. Omnicron is a regular guy living on Earth. He has not had the best life and resorts to using a drug he made that induces lucid dreaming and gives him control of his own dreams as if he is living another life in his own fantasy world. Eventually his own world turns on him.  (Which is the nature of the drug, implying there is good and bad no matter where you go.)  Mario goes into a fit of rage as soon as he regains his consciousness in the real world and unlocks the ability to physically manifest his own thoughts into the physical world. Not wanting anything to do with Earth, believing that if he took over the planet it would poison his own perfect world over time, he took over a different planet far away from Earth. All of this was unknown to the inhabitants of the Earth until the events of Omnicron Saga I.


Omnicron Saga I

This storyline also begins on Earth where Brandon, Damian, and Alex are scientists pioneering in the new science of “reality”. They discovered, or at least rediscovered, Mario’s “Drug” from the prequel and proceed to study it and further refine it. In doing so they created a new element but had a very small portion of it in which to test with. So they decided to search for a planet where the source was abundant. They find a planet with high readings of the element and ultimately crash land on The Forbidden World (Mario’s world). After they crash they are taken in by Vikings and Knights and are educated on Mario and the ongoing war between them. With no hope of returning home all three of the main characters are taught how to fight. The remnants of humanity gather together including the three and lead an all out assault on Mario’s forces. Unexpectedly Mario appears and lays waste to the frontlines of the assault. Alex sacrifices himself so that everyone else can retreat safely.


Omnicron Saga II

Brandon and Damian vow vengeance on Mario and decide to delve into the planet's history and scientific secrets. They find, refine, and use the reality bending element on themselves to obtain powers based on their own personalities. Brandon becomes a Paladin and Damian becomes a Wizard. The two return to the main city to find that a funeral is being held for Alex. Brandon and Damian become even more enraged by the fact that Alex is dead and sneak out of the city to fight Mario themselves. They find and fight him but are still not a match. When all hope seems lost for them, Alex rises from his open casket with blue light emitting from his eyes. He flies to where Brandon and Damian are and fuses all three of them together creating a powerful being that is on par with Mario. (Alex secretly tested the reality bending element back on Earth without anyone knowing. After he died the element took control of his body. However the element does not have it’s own agenda. It only has Alex’s memories to draw from. So it sensed that his friends were in trouble and heeded the call to defend them.) This new character is known only as the Fierce Deity. It wields the power of reality as a weapon, similar to how Mario uses it, however The Fierce Deity has more control over it and with this power he is able to finally defeat Mario. Mario’s soul falls down into the underworld and the Fierce Deity follows it, still fighting it as they both fall into the underworld. Mario’s spectral form survives and disappears into the void leaving the Fierce Deity lost and trapped in the underworld.


Omnicron Saga III

The Fierce Deity separates back into Brandon, Damian, and Alex. Alex is now alive because they are in the underworld. (This is where Alex was already anyways because he died earlier in Chased By Mario I) Brandon and Damian’s rejoicing was short lived due to realizing where they really were. They struggle through the underworld until the queen of the underworld takes notice that there are mortals in her realm and transports them to her chambers. It is revealed by the queen that Mario is actually her son and that his legacy was destined to be and not just because of his own free will. All to bring Alex, Brandon, and Damian into her world so that they could break her free of her bonds and resurrect herself and her legions of undead. The three are tricked into freeing her in exchange that Mario be destroyed forever. The queen lies and flees the underworld to the forbidden world with the use of an inter dimensional rift. The three main characters escape the underworld by traveling the dimensional rift the queen used to escape. Knowing that he was doomed from the beginning Mario becomes enraged against himself and his mother. He joins sides with the now assembled Fierce deity and they lead an all or nothing final battle against the newly resurrected underworld and the queen with the aided help of humanity. The amount of reality bending being used in the battle is straining reality itself. Reality finally breaks but activates its failsafe that creates a new, reality-bending-free, multiverse that tries to replace the old one. The Fierce Deity does not want this to happen and neither does Omnicron anymore. The two combine all of their strength and defeat the queen just in time to put a protective seal around the newly forming multiverse. This barrier keeps the multiverse from spreading and destroying the old one. Sadly the planet they had been fighting on had been obliterated along with the creatio. Omnicron and The Fierce Deity feel as if they are the creators of this new multiverse and take up the mantle of being its omnipotent guardians. Thus leading into “Tales of The Forbidden World”.


The Setting:

Earth- (Sci-Fi)

Earth is where Brandon, Damian, and Alex came from. Originally they were scientists pioneering in the new science of “Reality”. It is the year 2042 and space travel to other planets is a social norm and anyone can do it because there are other human colonies on the other planets within the Milky Way. The Earth is becoming less habitable due to humans using up all the natural resources. So the planet does look a little less hospitable and inviting but it is still the docile little Earth we all love.


The Forbidden World- (Medieval Fantasy)

This is the world that Omnicron made after the happenings of the prologue. It is a dark purple planet which is inhabited by vikings, knights, dragons, and other medieval fantasy oriented themes. Omnicron is the “silent” tyrant of the planet. Everyone knows he is all powerful but you never actually see much of him. He is more of an omnipotent force than an actual physical being. It is only until Alex, Brandon, and Damian establish their crusade against his forces that he takes a physical form. It’s a decrepit planet. The skies are a constant grey and there are broken down once mighty fortresses and castles laid waste to every where. Only one city still stands where the Vikings and Knights forge an uneasy alliance to oppose Omnicron’s reign.

The Underworld-

The Underworld in this series is similar to that of the typical Greek Underworld in which it is a dark and dreary place. With the river Styx and Cerberus making a brief cameo. There is a certain level of absolute hierarchy where the Queen of the underworld in supreme and there is no other level of command besides hers. The rest know their place as immortal yet weak souls. Like the souls,The queen is also a prisoner in the underworld. Shackled there for eternity by another elder god. The only way she can be released is if mortals step foot into her realm and break her chains.


Characters:


Alexander- The Warrior

Eyes: Luminescent Blue (Cheerful/confident)

Hair: Shoulder length, dark brown, thick and wavy. (similar to Aragorn from LOTR)

Facial hair: A very light beard. (Dark stubble) also a long scar going from a few inches above his left eyebrow down to his cheek. (still has sight in both eyes)

Gender: Male

Build: Medium height, Muscular.

Clothing: Leather, Chainmail armor without the hood. Platemail in just a few areas: Shoulders, half breastplate, bracers, and parts of the legs… similar to this:

The color scheme should be a mix of steel for the armors and a medium brown for the leather. He wears no gloves but wears fur or leather boots and belt/satchel.

Personality: The warrior is full on fury and battle. He will defend those close to him but is more concerned with taking down all the enemies at once wielding a two handed sword or axe. Sacrificing defense for higher attack and brute force. He is the warrior so he can be quick to anger. However when he is with his friends at a mead hall he will liven up the room by boasting of his victories, telling tall tales, and merrily partaking in and often starting drinking games and songs.

Race: White


Brandon- The Paladin

Eyes: Regular Brown (inspired/happy)

Hair: Shoulder-length, light brown, thick and straight. swept back (not in a ponytail)

Facial hair: Light stubble followed by a minor goatee. (The goatee is barely any longer that the stubble but is noticeable)

Gender: Male

Build: Tall height. less muscular than Alex but still quite strong.

Clothing: Platemail. Just full on plate mail with a silver and gold color scheme. He is supposed to look like the good guy. A holy warrior who is clad in the most defensive armor, wields a sword and shield.

Personality: The Paladin defends and aids others in battle as well as those who cannot defend themselves. Because of his heroic ways he is always bright and cheerful. Always happy to lend a hand to anyone in need and has a good conscience for it.

Race: White


Damian- The Wizard

Eyes: Light Brown (quizzical/in deep thought)

Hair: Long belly button-length brown hair, wavy. (No particular style. It doesn't obscure his face but he does not sweep it back.)

Facial hair: Surprisingly none. Kind of unique for a wizard.

Gender: Male

Build: Medium height, average build (not muscular but not fat or skinny either)

Clothing: Dark green and light grey robes similar to this but Damian does not wear the hood and lets his hair fall down outside the robes rather than tucked away and hidden underneath.

Personality: The Wizard is adept in the mystic arts and usually looks to be deep in thought. He remains to be a bit anti-social and prefers solitude in which to meditate over a loud rambunctious party. He tends to crack jokes a lot in order to break the tension he feels when confronted by anyone he is not comfortable with.

Race: White


The Fierce Deity (Subject to name change)

History-

He is the literal embodiment of heavens fury. He was created for the sole purpose of combating evil itself wherever it should arise. Since The Fierce Deity is a deity and not of physical form he must rely on using a few  vessels. Ones that have proven themselves worthy by dying in battle against said evil. Due to the urgency of his presence being needed the Fierce deity took Alexander’s body and fused them all together while Brandon and Damian were still alive. The fierce deity still remains in control but since the other two are alive he has mixed voices. Including Alex for no reason other than to sound cool.


Physical appearance-

The Fierce deity is heaven’s fury. He is very tall and muscular. Has straight, long, swept-back, blonde hair which goes down to his knees. White fire burning from his eyes and very large angel wings. Retains the scars Alex’s body had from the wound that killed him.


Weapons-

TFD Wields a HUGE freakin’ sword. No one else can lift it because it is just so epic. It is a Greatsword that he can lift almost effortlessly with one hand if he so wishes. Several runes of power are inscribed on the blade similar to the Viking sword “Ulfbert”, it has a golden handle,. and it glows with bright yellow light. The blade itself is emerald. He also has two golden gauntlets which one looks like a lion and the other looks like a dragon. Both of which he can shoot fire with. It is unknown if he requires the gauntlets to do so or if he can do so naturally. The fire is a regular fire color and not just white. These gauntlets are huge as well.



Queen of the Underworld


History-

The queen is bound eternally to the underworld by the gods. She is the one who invented the concept of death and an afterlife. The gods were furious with jealousy that she came up with this concept and banished her to the hell of her own making. This gave the queen of the underworld eons to cultivate her revenge and ultimately becomes the main antagonist of the entire series.


Physical Appearance-

The queen is supposed to be very beautiful and pale. She wears a lowly black cloak with a hood pulled over her head. (To symbolize the grim reaper I suppose.) She speaks little and  rarely and is of average build. Once freed she takes the appearance of a skeletal/spectral dragon and flies out of the underworld.

© 2013 Alex Wirtes


Author's Note

Alex Wirtes
Please feel free to review this as much as you like.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
Added on December 6, 2013
Last Updated on December 6, 2013
Tags: Omnicron Saga, Omnicron, Saga

Author

Alex Wirtes
Alex Wirtes

Lanesborough, MA



About
Hi there, I'm Alex Wirtes and I enjoy coming up with sci-fi and fantasy story ideas that are intertwined. more..

Writing