The Joining

The Joining

A Poem by Lloyd Frieson-Small
"

One of my newer poems in 2014.

"
That day, there was no song to express the poet's feelings of bewilderment. Was it rage or sadness? What was the cause? Self-imposed penitence? Or was this brought on by his actions?
Even in paradise, there was suffering. Benign as it was, he felt that because of his own actions, there was a price to pay. Reality. How he hated the history of that word. If ever he had an Arch-Nemesis, it was the concept of reality. For in his mind, he had the power to create the most beautiful images ever unseen.
A voice from his inner sanctum once told him, "To reveal the beauty of your soul, is to bring sin to heaven." In spite of this warning, he stole away, time after time. Of all his fears, the power of the spoken word had never stood amongst them. He dared the unseen forces to take revenge upon his soul.
I smile to myself as I think, "A broken man with an over-abundance of courage shall revitalize the world." A bitter-sweet votive I have taken in spite of those who would take my ability to speak, to prevent my message of invigoration from being heard.
He covets the hearts of others. Building their capacity in every aspect. Be it love, sadness, anxiousness, loneliness, or selfishness. Until the joining of his soul with my own, his ambitions ran rampant within the realm of thought. He was unrestricted, yet tragically constrained. He was ephemeral, but also alone....

© 2014 Lloyd Frieson-Small


Author's Note

Lloyd Frieson-Small
Constructive criticism always welcomed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

"A broken man with an over-abundance of courage shall revitalize the world."
Superbly written..

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"Even in paradise, there was suffering. Benign as it was, he felt that because of his own actions, there was a price to pay. Reality"

A splendid read and write...Bravo.................

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 18, 2014
Last Updated on February 24, 2014
Tags: Reflection, Serious, Free Verse, Imagery

Author

Lloyd Frieson-Small
Lloyd Frieson-Small

Mobile, AL



About
I am an aspiring poet and novelist from the Southern states. I write free verse, serious, and romantic poetry primarily. Though, I also do prose. As of late I have attempted to expand my skills by sta.. more..

Writing