Curse of Reflection

Curse of Reflection

A Poem by Lloyd Frieson-Small
"

One of my most recent pieces, made just this month.

"
By chance, I was found by my love just as I began to jump into the abyss. It came as a sign of imminent change, the day we met once again. In my heart, it seemed to be another chance to undo the damage of my life-long companion. Blinded and disoriented, I ran into her grace.
 My spirit's resolve gave me the courage to fight her demons. To help her steal away from the worries and troubles of her world. I knew that even if I had failed in my endeavors, the fact that I attempted to alleviate the weight of the world would immortalize me in her heart. My own troubles, pushed to the back of my consciousness, seemed to gradually fade in the presence of our love, and slowly my feelings of apprehension became but a hazy memory.
 It seemed that my struggle to achieve salvation was over. I was naive to think that love alone would conquer all, but I found solace in my daydream. I have always been able to revive, within myself, the hope of a brighter day. The belief  that one day I would atone for my transgressions. The sacrifices I made had never crossed my mind as burdens.
 The understanding I was never shown, I have never asked to see. The simple pleasure of emotional release lies within my work. Where you are forced to feel me. Where you cannot interrupt my testimony. The questions that once plagued my dreams have faded from my mind. I no longer have the need to be understood in this life.
 Even if I broke the mold every time I picked up the pen, you would call my beautiful illustrations a delusion and look to my past mistakes for the final verdict. Judgement is blind, and inevitable. Knowing this, you could plainly see the purpose of this masterpiece.
 I am by no means, legendary. I put my pain, fears, and troubles on display for all to see; and make it beautiful. A complexity and aptitude for knowledge that you would never expect from a man of my race, and a sense of individualism the world has never seen. Do not praise me, pray for me. Because of my passion, I am persecuted. Because of my mind, I am a danger....

© 2014 Lloyd Frieson-Small


Author's Note

Lloyd Frieson-Small
Constructive criticism always welcomed...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"The simple pleasure of emotional release lies within my work. Where you are forced to feel me. Where you cannot interrupt my testimony. The questions that once plagued my dreams have faded from my mind. I no longer have the need to be understood in this life."

I like pondering poems too...:)..............................



A very good reflective poem.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

"The simple pleasure of emotional release lies within my work. Where you are forced to feel me. Where you cannot interrupt my testimony. The questions that once plagued my dreams have faded from my mind. I no longer have the need to be understood in this life."

I like pondering poems too...:)..............................



A very good reflective poem.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
1 Review
Added on February 19, 2014
Last Updated on February 19, 2014
Tags: Reflection, Serious, Free Verse, Imagery, Inspirational

Author

Lloyd Frieson-Small
Lloyd Frieson-Small

Mobile, AL



About
I am an aspiring poet and novelist from the Southern states. I write free verse, serious, and romantic poetry primarily. Though, I also do prose. As of late I have attempted to expand my skills by sta.. more..

Writing