As They Watched From My Window

As They Watched From My Window

A Poem by Lloyd Frieson-Small
"

One of my personal favorites from my first chapbook.

"
 They come again, to hear the usual wise words of a man with false pride. They cling to them, developing a new moral standing with every passing hour. Recklessly going about their lives, smiling in the face of danger in a hope to mask the debilitating fear. Trying desperately not to watch the clock, knowing that time does not care for second chances or broken hearts.
 The thought of a better day becomes the sun, and one by one we voluntarily cast away our grasp of reality. Who then, is left with the truth? They fear the man with eyes of fire, but within his eyes, he holds a secret. Something we all once knew to be true. Something so absolute that even the delusions of grandeur must yield for a time.
 They all know the answer, it is the question they are searching for. And the truth is what they thought they saw, as they watched from my window...

© 2014 Lloyd Frieson-Small


Author's Note

Lloyd Frieson-Small
Constructive criticism always welcomed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Added on February 20, 2014
Last Updated on February 20, 2014
Tags: Reflection, Serious, Free Verse, Imagery, Inspirational

Author

Lloyd Frieson-Small
Lloyd Frieson-Small

Mobile, AL



About
I am an aspiring poet and novelist from the Southern states. I write free verse, serious, and romantic poetry primarily. Though, I also do prose. As of late I have attempted to expand my skills by sta.. more..

Writing