Where I'm From.

Where I'm From.

A Poem by Patricia(:

Where I'm From

I'm from roses laid on graves, of those who we love whose lives were taken away. From silver sharp knives being used the wrong way.

I'm from teens influenced by their peers led onto the wrong path.

I'm from a generation of drop-outs and kids who join gangs. From a small town neglected and abused.

I'm from a place were hopes and dreams seem so out of reach. Where very few people accomplish their true dreams, instead settling for something less.

I'm from a town where we don't have much, and it's sure not the best. Where the school system isn't perfect, but we have to make do with what we get.


I'm from a suburb town, ghetto beyond belief. From curse words, and nasty stares.

I'm from a town full of different mixtures of cultures, from Jamaican, Brazilian, Mexican, and even Portuguese. We also have a few Chinese.

I'm from kids who aren't the kindest, and start this way from when they were young. Probably neglected from there parents, not taught the right ways. Who've grown up to watch those around them doing the wrong things.

I'm from friends who drink, smoke, and even have sex. A few almost got pregnant.

I'm from the town where hip-hop was born, and R&B is listen to everyday. Where kids 'get lite' and dance in the streets.

I'm from a town that builds character, and shows you while your young that life isn't perfect. That life isn't a dream. People aren't always nice. and you have to watch out who your friends with.  Never leave your back unguarded, or you just might get stabbed..

I'm from a town that teaches kids lessons that can't they can't learn from growing up in a 'White Town'. I'm from Mount Vernon, and I'm actually kind of proud.

This is where I'm from.. Not the best of places, yet not the worst.. I'm from this messed up town, and god d****t, I'm proud.


© 2011 Patricia(:


Author's Note

Patricia(:
I had a project to do for English class a month ago. I got a B- for not 'completing my poem.' Thought I'd post it up on here. Enjoy the completed version.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on January 25, 2011
Last Updated on January 25, 2011

Author

Patricia(:
Patricia(:

About
I'm basically just here to write what I feel when I feel it. Never on, but when I am, it's not long. Hope none of you hate me for that, but if you do. Hey, it's not like it's anything new. Also, sorry.. more..

Writing
tgegewg tgegewg

A Poem by Patricia(: