Coldplay

Coldplay

A Story by Paige

I just recently watched the music video for the scientist. It's on my favorite album, along with Politik, Spies and Amsterdam. I don't know what it is about Chris Martin's voice, but it takes me places. Nondescript, lonely, places, that are more often than not, empty. It's strange, but calming. His voice makes me sad, regardless of the song he's singing. It's like this impossiblely large force, pressing down on me when I listen.

 

If I disclosed any of this information to any of my friends or family members, they wouldn't believe me. Because around people, I'm a loud, energetic, happy person. But when I'm alone, it just gets to me that at school I don't have friends. All of them are from other places, schools or areas. No one to eat lunch with, no one to joke around with, no one to join a club with. No one. And with the school year looming over me, I can't help but feel empty.

 

This summer, I spent all of June and July at Trollwood Performing Arts School, a local arts program. They put on a Mainstage musical, and a Second Stage play each year. Classes are also offered durring June. I took Jazz, Tap, Swing, Musical Theater in June, and then in July, participated in program for middle schoolers where I just followed my impulses all day. Making big choices, like you're supposed to when onstage. I met all of these amazing, fantastic people. All I felt, anywhere I went on this big, beautiful outdoor campus was love. Love and acceptance for everyone, for techies and mainstagers and secondstagers and kids who just took classes. No one is without friends when at Trollwood.

 

So now without that, entering into an environment with hostilities from back in elementry school, I can't help this intense sense of anti-climax. Like summer was just a meaningless, but nevertheless pleasent dream.

© 2008 Paige


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A sad write really, I used to be kind of Shy back in my school days it's so hard to believe I have been out oof school over 20 years now. Hold on to those days they do go fast. I tok up chior and drama when I was in school I still to this day Sing, Activities will keep you from being bored, expressing yourself is a wonderful feeling, Like your story it allows the reader to see apart of you.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 28, 2008

Author

Paige
Paige

Writing
Expanding Halo Expanding Halo

A Poem by Paige