Graves

Graves

A Story by OnesNvrEnough

I constantly check behind my back to make sure no one’s there. "I told you not to do this." I direct towards him. I pick the shovel I brought with me off the rain soaked grass. Since it’s so late at night, the cemetery is closed; I'm the only one here.  My hands drive the tool into the ground and begin digging on top and around of his grave "You shouldn't have gone there alone.

“While I'm busy removing the earth, he says "I won't do it ever again, I promise," As I hear his words, my pace heightens. "There's not much air down here, hurry!" The panic in his voice causes me to feel weak. 

"I'm trying as fast as I can!" I yell through the water droplets descending. 

"You're not going to make it..." I smile at the sound and feeling of the shovel head scraping against his casket. I jump down and clear Fresh mud off its surface. 

Through strangled breathes, "I-I'm, I am here" is all I can say. 

"Help me now."

I examine the casket and decide to crack it open with my shovel. "Why do these people," I put all my strength and weight on to it, I see the lid budging. "Seal it so tightly?"

"I'm not sure." 

Once last force sends the lid open, exposing nothing but emptiness, I sink to my knees from bewilderment. Moments later I crawl out the hole I've dug and notice my pants and shoes seethed mud from the time i took idling. I watch the dirt run from my clothes as the rain showers above me. I retrieve my shovel once more and start walking to my car. "Don't leave me here!” he calls out. 

© 2013 OnesNvrEnough


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
Added on May 3, 2013
Last Updated on May 3, 2013
Tags: graveyard, grave, cemetery, friend, death, suicide, depressed, depression, lesbian, lesbians, story, short story, class, idk, bored, dark, dig, shovel, help, scream, screaming, boy, gay, bully, distur

Author

OnesNvrEnough
OnesNvrEnough

Des Moines, IA



About
20. indie rocker. loves photography, girls, The Hunger Games trilogy, Cold War Kids, American Horror Story, brains, video games, Divergent/ Insurgent, psychological thrillers more..

Writing