The Dance

The Dance

A Story by Oni
"

A very special dance indeed

"

I spin around once again and when I look back you're sitting there watching. I hold out my hand as if to say 'come dance with me'. You just look at it and do not move. I shrug it off and begin my swirling dance to the rhythm and as my bare feet hit the pavement, it's as if my body is subconsciously keeping beat of my heart. Again I spin to a stop in front of you. Again I hold out my hand. And again, you just stare. Again I leave and as my feet pit-pat on the cold cement floor I make a decision. I dance my way toward you and when I'm close, I pull on your hand. You rise for a moment and then laugh and pull me back. The look of bewilderment on my face only makes you smile and yank me into your lap. You wrap your arms around me, still smiling, and whisper in my ear. 'Be patient, my love. There is nothing but time and no need to rush. Sit with me for a time.' I sigh and rest my head on your shoulder. What can I do but melt into your arms? It's too hard to resist...

© 2008 Oni


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

94 Views
Added on July 28, 2008

Author

Oni
Oni

Canada



About
Let's see...please don't ask my age, I won't give it to you (that includes where I live). And I can't really explain much about me after all who really knows themself? My work is usually done when I h.. more..

Writing
Flowers Flowers

A Story by Oni


Two Two

A Story by Oni


Him Him

A Story by Oni