Winter's Path

Winter's Path

A Story by Harrison Sherif

I've been treading this path my whole life, seeking only one thing, warmth. All my life, my body has only felt the numbing affect of the cold. I've watched as other people go up to people's houses and went inside. I tried a few times to get to the warmth I've been dying to get to, but each time, I was turned down. I ran into her on this cold path by accident, but as we talked along the way, I felt that it was destiny that we would meet. We walk down Winter's Path until her house came into view. When we got to the pathway leading to your front porch, we exchanged our goodbyes. I went off to the side of Winter's Path and sat down, staring at her house. Darkness came, by that time I had finally gained the courage to approach her house. I reached the porch and then backed away and ran behind the porch. I calmed down and finally regained my courage, but right as I was about to get back up on my feet. Someone else came to her door and knocked. I peak my head out around the corner as she opens the door. I feel the warmth from her house hit my face. The person who walked up the porch was a man, he asked if he could stay at her place. She smiled, let him in, and shut the door. After she shut the door, the warmth faded back to a numbing cold. I got up on my feet and looked in one of the windows. He and she were hugging at that point. I got down out of sight from the window, I felt awkward as hell by that point. I got back up, went down her little pathway back to Winter's Path. I went into the direction I was originally heading, strait into the darkness, not knowing who I will meet and if I will ever find warmth.

© 2014 Harrison Sherif


Author's Note

Harrison Sherif
Ignore Grammar, it is a Symbolic story,

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm not one to ignore grammar, but you didn't make any mistakes. (None of any merit, at least) You've done a very good job with this, and on more than one level, I really felt it. I suffered a lot of insecurity, rejection, and cold nights when young, so the tale fit me like a glove.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Harrison Sherif

8 Years Ago

I'm glad you enjoyed it and that there is someone out there who connected with this piece.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

220 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 28, 2014
Last Updated on September 28, 2014
Tags: Warmth, Coldness, Love, Denial, Unknown

Author

Harrison Sherif
Harrison Sherif

Rootstown, OH



About
Blessed with a wild imagination and cursed with ADD. Ideas and stories never reach their true level because of this awful combination. In my middle school years, I sank down to my lowest level depr.. more..

Writing
Prolouge Prolouge

A Chapter by Harrison Sherif