Shards

Shards

A Story by Sara Muschweck
"

I have been kicking this around for years.

"

Ages ago, the sands of humanity were melted together and fashioned into an enormous mirror by the hand of the higher power. When you gazed upon this mirror you saw the reflection of the world as it was supposed to be. But after time tribes became jealous because the mirror was not housed with them. War broke out over the mirror, and in the carnage it was broken into thousands of pieces. The shards were carried away by the many tribes who had been fighting . Each shard had been given a name, and many different religions were born. Today those shards are still carried by tribes each thinking that his shard is the one true piece of the mirror, each not caring if the sharp edges cut into the fabric of another. Only when the shards are placed together again can we see the reflection of how humanity was meant to be, with peace, love, compassion. Only when all the pieces are put together can we see the whole picture.

© 2008 Sara Muschweck


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

That was lovely. I could see this being the prologue to a really great fantasy novel if you wanted to take it that route.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

270 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 5, 2008

Author

Sara Muschweck
Sara Muschweck

Along the river, OH



About
What should I tell you about me? My kids are my whole world and I try to give them the best in me that I have. I want them to grow up being proud of me for the mother I have been. I love to read t.. more..

Writing